All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
problems with Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate
      #287843 - 10/25/06 08:53 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

For all the people who take this supplement, have you noticed that it makes the stool "messy"? Very long, incomplete, messy BMS? No substance or bulk? It is so messy.

I thought this was going to be helpful, but it is so messy and incomplete.

I have heard that the citrate form can do this, but that the oxide form doesn't...but I can't seem to find the oxide in a powder form.

Anyone who can share feedback on your experiences or solution? I feel so dirty at work.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: problems with Natural Calm Magnesium Citrate new
      #287875 - 10/25/06 11:13 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I've noticed that too. For some reason, though, right now I don't have that problem (like since yesterday and the day before that... both days when I had no time to drink a smoothie in the evening, so I had less IF). Are you sure your dose isn't too much?

Btw, you can use wet wipes to clean yourself when far from the shower. I do that, because of the messiness.

#287899 - 10/25/06 01:18 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

that means you either need to step down the dose and or add more bulking fiber to your diet, it just makes you go, it doesn't form your stools, if there is no bulk in thr diet there won't be nay in the stool, the oxide you can just take in a tablet since it ios not ionized, the only reason the NC is in powder is to make it dissolve and ionize in the water, there is no reason that you need oxide in powder form. You can also try gluconate or aspartate. I was taking magnesium.potassium aspartates and it helped with my C, but also gave me a good energy boost.

Bulk new
      #287938 - 10/25/06 06:22 PM
Jordy

Probably a dumb question, but how would one get more bulk? What are good foods for bulk? Or would it mean more SFS?

--------------------

#287939 - 10/25/06 06:23 PM
Jordy

Well, when I took 1/2 tsp, I didn't go at all. At one teaspoon, this is what I get!

How much do you take?

--------------------

Re: Bulk new
      #287941 - 10/25/06 06:37 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

As a D I can say I never had nice formed BMs until I got up to about 2 TBSP of acacia per day, plus SF with every meal. I don't know if this is the same as for someone with C taking Natural Calm though.

--------------------
Kat

#287960 - 10/26/06 12:55 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

No idea as I still don't take Natural Calm but a generic citrate in liquid form... but I did reduce my dose yesterday, we'll see how it goes... My dose is (now) something like 3.5 g magnesium citrate (pure) and 580 mg of magnesium (that's two fl oz, I was taking 2.5 for the last couple of days...)

Try 3/4 tsp?

--J

#287974 - 10/26/06 06:39 AM
Jordy

That's exactly what I was going to do. I only took 1/2 tsp last night....and can already tell it's going to be a struggle to go today.

--------------------

Re: Bulk new
      #287975 - 10/26/06 06:42 AM
Jordy

I wonder too...if a C would increase bulk by adding more Acacia and SF or more Acacia and more IF? Or what? I'm afraid if I add too much SF and SFS, I'll constipate myself...but then I know IF would make it even looser.

--------------------

Re: Bulk
      #287980 - 10/26/06 06:52 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

How much total fiber are you getting per day?

From Heather's FAQ:
"The USDA recommended minimum fiber intake for adults is 25 to 35 grams daily, and soluble fiber should account for one third to one half of this total amount."

This is a minimum, you can go to 60 grams safely. Note this is from both food and SFS.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22210

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review