All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Kat...about Bio-K (and Lisa Marie) new
      #292787 - 12/07/06 07:52 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I'm not sure how much this is helping or not,

You mean you don't know if any amount of the Bio-K is helping? Or just the added amount may not be any better than the 1/2 bottle?

Let me know if you decide to continue the Bio-K. I thought it was really helping you.

Lisa Marie...you still taking it?

I'm a stickler for "exactness"! So I get crazy with exact measurements!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#292794 - 12/07/06 08:22 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I noticed right away it was 'doing something' as my stomach felt rumbly and different, not necessarily in a bad way. The past couple weeks I've had a lot of stress so we'll see now that I'm more relaxed if I'll do better with more IF and fat in my diet. I noticed it has helped me need less Imodium, but looking at cost of Imodium vs Bio-K+ this isn't really enough of a good change to make it worth while. I'm not sure yet if I'll continue using it as a daily probiotic. I know it could take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to really notice a difference so I'll continue for now. I would definetly use BIO-K+ if I had to go through a round of antibiotics or something though.

--------------------
Kat

#292840 - 12/07/06 01:20 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

No, I only took it for a few weeks after a course of antibiotics. But I sure felt great after taking it!

I'd like to try taking it again, but right now I'm working on increasing my acacia first. I want to see if that helps before I add in the Bio-K again.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: dietary enzymes new
      #292991 - 12/08/06 04:48 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

It depends. I took a digestive enzyme and it was the worst thing I ever did. I had cramping so bad I was up all night one evening with cramping and I was vomiting like I had the flu but nothing was coming out. I was on them for about 3 weeks and finally realized that was causing the problem. I quit them and after a few days the cramping disappeared.

Everyone is different and alot of people on this website swear by them. So it is up to your discretion if you want to try them.

Carol

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review