All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
chest pains
      #287536 - 10/23/06 09:47 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

How many of you get chest pains with your stomach aches/indegestion type symptoms? I know I have a 5 -on a scale of 1 to 10- stomach ache today, can't figure out why unless it is just stress since I am having a bad day at work. But more than that my chest hurts right in the center. Now I have anxiety/panic attacks and GERD so I am somewhat used to this but today seems particularly bad. Not the pain but the "nerves"
I know that if I let my mind go I will work myself into a full blown panic attack and maybe end up at the ER only to feel stupid later.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chest pains new
      #287569 - 10/23/06 12:40 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I just had my first round of chest pains with an extremely bloated tummy. I did end up in the ER last Thursday. I'm also 21 weeks pregnant. Chest pains kept getting worse and worse through the day, along with the bloating. They said I had inflammation of the tissues around my heart and lungs. Told me to take Tylenol.

--------------------
~jules

#287572 - 10/23/06 12:58 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I am IBS-D so I usually don't have much gas/bloating...just lots of spasm pains and d. However, a few days ago, I was totally fine one minute and then all of sudden I started getting these sharp pains below my ribs...right in the middle where you get indigestion or feel nauseaus. It got so bad that I started thinking maybe I was having a heart attack or something. This was not during a stressful time so I knew it wasn't that, but what it apparently was...GAS. I took some gas-x, drank lots of water, and ate a piece of fruit (even though I was keeled over), hoping it would cause me to poop. Then I laid on my bed in a fetal position, face down, trying to compound the gas. I heard that laying on your stomach helps too, but that's the only position I could stand at that moment. I finally had a few BMs and although I didn't feel completely better, the pain was not excruciating anymore. Are you a c? perhaps it is gas for you too. Although women are supposed to have different symptoms for heart problems... so just be careful not to rule that out. It's more than likely related to the IBS or other stomach issues...I have gastritis too and it seems like a lot of us have associated problems unfortunately. Try a heating pad too and see if that helps. feel better

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#287574 - 10/23/06 01:12 PM
Kimba

Reged: 10/13/06
Loc: California

Wow!! I didn't know that others had sharp pains in the chest. Sometimes I get very sharp pains in the chest. It was scary when it first started happening but, now I just figure it's gas and wait for it to pass. Occasionally it will last for an hour or two. Any longer than thst, and I think I would start to worry.

#287580 - 10/23/06 01:30 PM
jules

I think it was a combination of a very full tummy/gas, anxiety and possibly the inflamation that the ER docs told me about. I started to eat the "What to eat when you can't eat anything" for the next two days and the pain subsided. It came back after a food slip-up on Sunday, so I'm back to the What to Eat foods again.

Have you ever seen a doc for this? Might want to get checked out, just in case?

--------------------
~jules

#287589 - 10/23/06 02:20 PM
chergui

Reged: 10/05/06
Loc: Mobile, AL

I'll get occasional chest pain when I have alot of lower intestinal gas and bloating. Just think of all that pressure from the gas pushing up on all your other organs...ouch. I can't remember if I read it here or heard this from my GI doc, but people with IBS have tremendously more pressure per sq in with their gas than a normal person. But, if you have pain in left arm, shoulder, neck, and/or jaw...then it's time to rush to the ER.

#287657 - 10/24/06 05:48 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I have been checked for heart problems with a stress test and sonogram a few years ago. My regular doc had told me the chest pains were symptoms of ulcers, which I have had twice, but when I had my colonoscopy I also had a EGD and no ulcer. I guess it is just gas since later last night I had a bad case.
All I can say is this stuff is the pits.

#287661 - 10/24/06 06:26 AM
jules

I had three ulcers show up on my endoscope a few years back. I was on meds for them, but then became pregnant and stopped the meds. Maybe they are flaring up again.

Yep, this sucks big time. I'm only 28 and I have more doctor's appointments than my grandparents!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 860 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review