All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Left Sided Abdominal and Back Pain new
      #287542 - 10/23/06 10:03 AM
Cs Tan

Reged: 10/12/06

actually 1 year ago my abdomen pain was disappear 90%, while at that time i still didn't discover heather diet,so i didn't keep my diet strictly. until now, i always have a left abdomen pain same with u.the pain until my back.
but i dont think that celiac must be the problem, 1 year ago i didn't exclude gluten but my abdomen still can recover.
but for now, even i exclude gluten from my diet, i still feel the extreme left abdomen pain,just like a stone lay on my abdomen,hard to breath and talk.
i still finding the cure.hope god bless me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#287593 - 10/23/06 02:32 PM
chergui

Reged: 10/05/06
Loc: Mobile, AL

Hi Sandra. I LOVE Fairhope. Actually, I'm more IBS-C. When I had my last bad bout in 2001, I started taking Magnesium Asporotate 400 mg/day. That kept me regular with virtually no IBS symptoms until May/June of this year. Now I have to tweek my Mg dose...400 mg every other day and 200 mg every other day. If I take 400 mg every day, I get bad cramps and D or narrowing stools. I haven't taken Donnatol in years. It used to help me in college. Good idea. I think you're right...I think the next doc is to go back to ortho. Thanks for all the good advice. Elaine

#287631 - 10/23/06 06:30 PM
Coll

Reged: 10/14/06
Loc: Maryland

Elaine...
Because of the many different factors you present with, I would also consider going to an orthopedic doctor. Depending on where the disc degeneration is, it can send what is called pain referral into different areas of your body. However, what I am concerned about is the weight loss you take about as well as the pain in your legs. The leg pain may very well be connected to the medications you are taking along with the bone degeneration you are experiencing.
One suggestion is to stay as active as possible. Weight bearing through your joints is the best way to perserve your bone mass. Exercise, as you see, is also very beneficial for IBS.
I will continue to look into your symptoms and see what information I can find!

Colleen

Hmmm new
      #287679 - 10/24/06 08:19 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Based on what you said you're eating in one of your posts, you're getting almost no IF - just what's in your oatmeal - which is not really good for IBS-C. You're also not getting any fruits and vegetables which is not good for any of us (although I admit I ate very little of them for months when I first started the EFI Diet, but hey, do as I say, not as I do). Maybe getting some more fruits and vegetables in your diet would move things along more smoothly and help some with the gas, too.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5997 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3384

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review