All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thumbs up to Peppermint Tea
      #2874 - 03/15/03 12:31 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I heard peppermint tea is great for IBS. Well, when i first tried it, i only drank a little and threw out the rest. I really didnt like the taste, plus i didnt add anything to it. well, my ibs has been rearing its ugly head latley, so i thought id give it another shot. this time around i added two tsp of sugar , and although it doesnt have the best of taste, i like it i want to put some milk in it too, but soy and rice milk arnt allowed in our house, and dairy makes me sick :P but thats okay cause i like the tea with just added sugar, and it really helps my IBS now, every morning from the past week and every day now on i am going to start the day with hot peppermint tea. my mom thinks im nuts to have tea with out milk, but oh well, i love it. she starts the day off with coffee. hmm.... i wonder whose the smart here

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thumbs up to Peppermint Tea new
      #2875 - 03/15/03 12:41 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Angela,
What brand are you drinking? I tried some but I found it a bit too toothpastey tasting, I wondered if it was just the brand, or maybe it's just an aquired taste. All I seem to drink is water, as I'm so much better for giving up coffee.
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#2877 - 03/15/03 12:48 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

i buy the cheapest brand i can find... lol. it 2 bucks for about 25 tea bags. the brand is called Teekanne Pompadour... um... i think its made in germany cause it says germany many times on it. lol. i dont think there really is a brand name to tell ya the truth, all it says is Teekanne Pompadour. and i think that may mean peppermint tea in german... lol. if you dont like the taste, try chamomile.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#2878 - 03/15/03 12:54 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Thanks Angela!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re: Thumbs up to Peppermint Tea - Angela and Sarah... new
      #2883 - 03/15/03 04:13 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hey, you two (Concrete Angel and BritSarah) - I buy my peppermint tea by the pound at a health food store and it's really inexpensive. For 1 lb (16 oz.) I pay around $9.00. That's a lotta tea. I was buying it by the bag but I used about 4-6 bags/day and it was getting out of hand. I also bought spearmint tea to mix with the peppermint because it was a bit harsh and gave me heartburn. Now I have tea to last until I retire!!! I keep some out in a cannister and the rest goes in the freezer. It doesn't really freeze but it keeps it fresh.

I use the metal or mesh infusers in my teapot and make a large pot of it every day. I have a big mugful with breakfast and then the rest of the day, I use it for iced tea.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 707

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review