All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Reached my pain tolerance level this morning...
      #287041 - 10/19/06 08:21 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I've been dealing with IBS for four years or so, two under an official diagnosis. I've never felt worse than I did this morning. I'm also 20 weeks pregnant. I'm so bloated that it's causing sharp pains in my abdomen. It hurts even to breathe. If I even touch my abdomen, I feel the sharp pain. I can't sit without discomfort. I don't know what to do!! I want to call my doctor, but I know that there's nothing that they can do. I just want to make it through today and tomorrow, and then, finally, thank God, it's the weekend.

I'm struggling to hold back tears here at work. I have a 1 p.m. meeting that I can't cancel because it's my meeting and I'm under some pretty strict time restraints.

I'm pretty sure that my pain is from a combo of trapped gas a stool. I took some Natural Calm last night and have been trying to drink as much water/tea as I can.

I think I have a huge pain tolerance. If a non-IBSer was feeling what I'm feeling right now, they would probably go to the ER. But, I'm accustomed to a certain amount of pain and just accept it as part of my life. I'm so sad because it puts a damper on EVERYTHING! Every daily activity, every planned event. Sucks.

I'm feeling very sorry for myself, but I'm here at work in a cube, and can't call anyone because then EVERYONE here at work will know what's going on with me.

Ok, I'm done. Rant over. I'm going to try and distract myself with some work. Thanks for reading.

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (10/19/06 08:22 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reached my pain tolerance level this morning... new
      #287046 - 10/19/06 08:37 AM
Reneemj

Reged: 10/06/06
Loc: San Diego, CA

Hi Jules,

Just wanted say I hope you feel better soon! Six weeks ago I felt the same way you do and it just kept getting worse until I found this website and started on the IBS diet. I was truly at the end of my rope. Do you follow Heathers diet? I'm sure you do but if not I really recommend it.

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Peace
Renee

#287047 - 10/19/06 08:47 AM
jules

Thanks for responding. I've tried it in the past, when I first starting researching my symptoms online four years ago. I did not work for me. I've been thinking about starting it up again. For me personally, it doesn't matter what food I eat. Some days, anything and everything bothers me. I could eat an IBS-safe diet for a couple of weeks, and then have a flare-up for no apparent reason.

But, that's the way this goes, right?

Food is such an issue with me anyway, and it doesn't help that I'm pregnant. There were some foods early on that I had such an aversion to.

I want to crawl under my desk and sleep this off.

Are you IBS-C, D or A?

--------------------
~jules

#287051 - 10/19/06 08:58 AM
Reneemj

Jules..

I can't imagine having to deal with this and being pregnant at the same time, it must be tough. I'm IBS-C and as far as I can remember have been this way for the past 10 yrs but have just been diagnosed 2 months ago. Of course everything my doctor recommended I eat made it worse.. so here I am eating broccoli, brussel sprouts, everything whole wheat and my stomach is getting bigger and I'm in more pain every day. Well then I found this website and changed my diet completely and MY GOSH what a difference in just one day!

Maybe just try the IBS diet or the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast) for a day or so to see if helps.

Hang in there!

Peace
Renee

#287055 - 10/19/06 09:20 AM
jules

This is my second pregnancy with IBS, and it got worse during that one as well. Surprisingly, all my symptoms disappeared THE DAY my son was born, and stayed away for 7.5 months, my entire maternity leave. The symptoms returned when I went back to work.

I think I will do the "What to eat when you can't eat anything" for the next two days and see what happens. The hard thing for me is to try and keep my diet healthy and well-rounded enough for my baby. This is SO hard.

--------------------
~jules

#287057 - 10/19/06 09:25 AM
Reneemj

Good luck, I hope it helps!

Peace
Renee

#287060 - 10/19/06 09:43 AM
Kimba

Reged: 10/13/06
Loc: California

Are you constipated? A natural remedy that I have used is to take lemon juice and mix it with hot water (1/4 lemon juice to 3/4 water). The lemon juice works to break up everything and usually only takes about an hour to work. Since you are at work (and if you have lemon juice) I would sip about half of it rather than chugging it all down. The cramping might get a little worse before you are relieved. It works for me anyway...Hope you feel better!

#287062 - 10/19/06 09:56 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Have you tried fennel tea to help with the gas? Some people on the Board swear by it.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

sorry you feel so bad new
      #287070 - 10/19/06 10:16 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi Jules, I'm in bad pain at the mo too I can't imagine how bad it must be for you at work , my prayers are with you and your bump (unborn baby lol)
hope you feel better real soon
xxxx

#287076 - 10/19/06 10:38 AM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Hi Jules,

I am so sorry to read about your pain. I wish there was something I could do. You are so brave to be at work...just think about how great it will be once your baby is born.
I am praying for you...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review