All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
philips milk of magnesia
      #286944 - 10/18/06 04:22 PM

Unregistered

What's your experience with this? I was wondering, i have bad c, its 6:20, i'm going to take it around 7, i work at 5 tommorow, would it be a bad idea to take that now with some natural calm? i wonder if this stuff will kick in right away, cuz i can't afford to take it and have it working tommorow when i go to work...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: philips milk of magnesia new
      #286946 - 10/18/06 04:26 PM

Unregistered

Ooops, i work friday at 5pm,Also, would it be best to lay off the fennel tea and I was wondering if I can take oil of oregono capsule right now, says it helps digestive stuff. Oh, do you recommend taking prescriptios for c while you take philips..I take prescription Amitiza, its for motility and such.

I don't have any experience with MOM specifically... new
      #286975 - 10/18/06 06:36 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

...but other things I have taken in an crisis have not kicked in until the next morning.

Do you think your Amitiza is helping you? How long have you been taking it? And how often? I have tried Zelnorm, but that didn't help after a few days...and I got bad headaches from it too.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

can i take it with natural calm? new
      #286984 - 10/18/06 07:37 PM

Unregistered

#286992 - 10/18/06 08:34 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I tried taking MOM (generic) and it didn't work at all (I am IBS-C.) I wouldn't be so sure about it. Does natural calm not work for you? Maybe increase the dose on that?

bum p new
      #286993 - 10/18/06 08:36 PM

Unregistered

#287003 - 10/18/06 09:09 PM

Unregistered

it works, a little, but is it ok to take with MOM, would that be too much magnesium or would it help?

#287009 - 10/18/06 11:24 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Well, unless you poison yourself with magnesium, no, nothing would happen. Overdose would result in diarhea.

Quote:

The DRI upper tolerated limit for supplemental magnesium is 350 mg/day (calculated as mg of Mg elemental in the salt). (Supplements based on Amino Acid Chelates, Glycinate, Lysinate etc. are much better tolerated by the digestive system and do not have the side effects of the older compunds used.) The most common symptom of excess oral magnesium intake is diarrhea. Since the kidneys of adult humans excrete excess magnesium efficiently, oral magnesium poisoning in adults with normal renal function, is very rare.

Taken from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium#Compounds_in_living_organisms

I am not taking Natural Calm, but generic Magnesium Citrate and it sais on the bottle that you should not consume more magnesium than 2900 mg per day (that's the magnesium content, not the citrate), it probably sais how much magnesium is contained in a tsp of Natural Calm somewhere on it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1058 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review