All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cleaned out
      #286769 - 10/17/06 10:28 AM

Unregistered

There is no school on thursday or friday, but i work friday from 5pm to 1:30 am. Should I take philips milk of magnesia and 3 table spoons of natural calm? Is the philips similar to ex-lax milk of magnesia? I hope not because all that did was make me hurt bad while I felt like I had to go but couldn't.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are you taking anything else? new
      #286774 - 10/17/06 10:56 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you take a fiber supplement or anything else? You don't want to overdue it.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: cleaned out new
      #286775 - 10/17/06 11:00 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I sure hope you meant 3 TEASPOONS of natural calm!

if you're going to take that much, make sure you are drinking LOTS of water - more than usual. how much MoM are you going to take? I've taken lots of that stuff and have never had it cause me pain. But it will certainly make you "go"...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Are you taking anything else? new
      #286838 - 10/17/06 07:05 PM

Unregistered

I'm taking prescription Amitiza, activit beachbody vitamins, fennel tea,Mirilax(Gycolax) ortho-tricyclean lo, I just started Digestive Essentials today http://www.herbalremedies.com/digestion-essentials.html I also weight lift, walk, and work. Sometimes I take a few other things-Metamucil, peppermint caps. I just bought caraway seed,oil of oregano, anise seed.

#286841 - 10/17/06 07:09 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I just wanted to comment on one thing I saw in your list of what you take. Ortho tricyclen is a birth control pill that has varying hormones (ie first week pills are different levels of hormones from second or third week). A low dose monophasic birth control pill may be better for someone with IBS since the pills all contain the same amount of hormones. Might be something worth asking your doctor about.

--------------------
Kat

#286849 - 10/17/06 08:24 PM

Unregistered

is it going to help my cystic acne? that's why i take it.

#286852 - 10/17/06 08:35 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Ortho-tricyclen is known to help acne, although there are some monophasic that are good too. Not all pills are created equal though! I recently switched from Ortho 1/35 to Marvelon (both monophasic) to help my acne, and it has cleared up completely. Although, my acne was not cystic acne, I did have painful large blemishes usually 10 at all times.

It all depends on what you are comfortable with. You can try switching and see what happens. Also, if you have a lot of symptoms around your period, with a monophasic pill you could in fact skip periods. I've been doing that and have a lot less IBS symptoms because of it. I used to get C, bloating, gas around my period and then D for a full week after.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6373 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1615

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review