All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Easy meals...
      #286767 - 10/17/06 10:25 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Ok.. so.. The situation is this. Normally for my work days I eat chicken noodle cup of soup for lunch and then try to eat something healthier and more substantal for supper. For the next two days I have to go to supper meetings and guess what they order for supper for all of us? Pizza... Which would be fine as long as they don't mind if I have to leave in the middle of the meeting..

Admittedly I can handle a lot more now than I could (IBS audio 100 program saved my life and gave me back my freedom) but I still don't want to do anything to possibly bug it durring a meeting.. Any ideas on something that I can bring with me to work that won't be spoiled or yucky by 6pm??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Easy meals... new
      #286788 - 10/17/06 11:47 AM
ms.mindful

Reged: 10/17/06

Will you have access to a microwave? If so, perhaps you can make yourself a baked potato with toppings that are not perishable but still yummy...pre-cooked IBS safe veggies?
You can even keep the veggies in one of those lunch bags that has a space for those small portable ice packs.

#286791 - 10/17/06 12:19 PM
Eri

Reged: 10/13/06

When I am in a situation like this I use to bring with me rice or bread or natural rice cakes, a can of light tuna (in water not in oil) and bananas.

Another possibilty is to buy some jars of food for small cildren/babies with IBS friendly dishes that only contains a few ingredients and no preservative substances , for example casseroles with chicken, carrots and rice or fish, carrots and mashed potatoes. This jars are better if they are warmed in a microwave but can be eated lukewarm as well.

I do not live in the US so I do not know what kind of baby food is available for you, but in my country some of the Nestle stuff are really IBS safe.

Eri

#286794 - 10/17/06 01:15 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Well, there is always ye olde turkey sandwich. That's my safest non-cooking stand-by. And some Pringles, if they're good with you. (They are safe me, where as, for some reason, Baked Lays are not.)

#286808 - 10/17/06 03:22 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I love plain pringles.. I keep a container of them in my desk just in case I get hungrey durring the day or my soup doesn't agree with me.. They have always been on of my safe foods.. bbq flavor isn't good sometimes though, but thats more so from the msg in the flavoring...

Turkey sandwich might just work out, there is a superstore right at the edge of our dealership so it's easy to grab a quick something from there..

#286839 - 10/17/06 07:06 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Is it possible to let them know you can't eat cheese, and have them order something else? Some of the people might like a change from pizza.

#286840 - 10/17/06 07:07 PM
Tummyblogger

Reged: 10/02/06
Loc: Pennsylvania

Also, in some situations Chinese take-out of a box of rice and a tofu topping would work.

--------------------
Tummyblogger, http://www.formytummy.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1606 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1055

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review