All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anyone suffer from Gerd and IBS
      #286544 - 10/15/06 11:25 AM
melindapatrice

Reged: 09/23/06

I have both, and my most annoying symptom is acid taste burning in the back of my mouth and on my tongue. I have been to the Gerd boards, but no one seems to have this symptom as much as I do. I really have a very bland and healthy diet and do not know how to help this symptom. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anyone suffer from Gerd and IBS new
      #286558 - 10/15/06 02:49 PM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

Hey - I also have GERD and IBS. I have yet to find a way to control the GERD with diet. I use pepcid when it gets bad. Do you take any prescription meds for your GERD? Some of them work pretty well. I wish that I could help more.

#286559 - 10/15/06 03:37 PM
dhaggerty

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Northeast, Bucks County, PA

I also have GERD (extremely) and IBS-D, the acacia/peppermint tabs have been great, and I've eliminated all of the trigger foods - however I have the worst heartburn and GERD, I do take prevacid (prescription from doc) and it helps. The "burping" won't stop, but taking the prevacid has helped me quite a bit. Good Luck. And, I never take the peppermint tabs without having taken my prevacid. Peppermint can give some of really bad heartburn.

#286647 - 10/16/06 09:38 AM
melindapatrice

I know that some of my symptoms,like the repeating of foods might come from stress. But, i have this one symptom that I can't get rid of for the past year. I have the acid burning taste in the back of my mouth and have tried all the meds including prescription ones. My doctors gave up on me cause they think it's all stress, i disagree. I am on a very bland and plain diet. I am at a loss and very frustrated. Do you have this symptom?

#286648 - 10/16/06 09:40 AM
melindapatrice

Do u eve suffer from the burning acid taste in your mouth? It's really bad for me and I can't get rid of it. Do u have any suggestions? I am already on a plain, bland diet.

#286656 - 10/16/06 11:10 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Yes, I have a very bad case of GERD, doc actually suggested the surgery to wrap the flap of my stomach. I take Prevacid and eat Gaviscon after ever meal. I do not have the acid in the back of my throat since mine will come all the way to my mouth. I have found that if I eat very slow, bland and then I try to finish my meals with a plain piece of toast. The toast seems to help (sometimes) with the acid, almost like it soaks it up.
Hope this helps.

#286667 - 10/16/06 12:44 PM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

I used to have problems with GERD before I went on a vegetarian diet (not related to my IBS).

I do still get occasional heartburn, but so does most everybody, I guess. At least it's not every day like it used to be.

Do you keep a food journal? That could help you identify particular foods that might be causing you problems. Another thing that can help is making sure you're getting more than enough to drink during waking hours.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1496

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review