All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colon Hydrotherapy and Message?
      #286315 - 10/13/06 10:56 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

I want to thank all of you that been emailing me, you guys are a blessing. I'm sorry that I haven't reply, I'm not feeling well and I'm in too much pain to reply. Please, keep me in your prayers. I need a miracle, I don't have the strength.

My colon just don't function properly, for example, I have a very hard time getting the watery stool out my system after I take a laxative like MOM or Miralax. The watery stool just sits in my bowels for hours/days, only a little comes out. I would like to try colon hydrotherapy...I imagine that having a colon hydrotherapy works in a different way and that I won't have any water left in my bowels after the therapy is done. Can anybody reassure me of this PLEASE ?? Is this a good idea?? Advice please !!!!

I need relief ASAP, I'm desperate.

Thank you ALWAYS!!!

Blessings,
Abi

Here is the website
http://www.helping-hand.cc/index.html

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colon Hydrotherapy and Message? new
      #286316 - 10/13/06 11:11 AM
Reneemj

Reged: 10/06/06
Loc: San Diego, CA

Hi Abi,

I've been wondering about the same thing. I've had some relief after starting Heathers IBS diet(which I'm sure you've already tried) but I still never feel like I'm empty and it's uncomfortable.

Hope you feel better soon!

Renee

#286323 - 10/13/06 12:06 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Hi Abi. You've been missed. Sorry you are feeling the severe symptoms of this awful condition.

I asked my GI about hydrotherapy and he told me not to do it...as did a dietician. They said it can and has caused damage to the colon. And, of course, it's expensive and doesn't last. I think some people end up being even more C after the therapy. I wish you luck with your decision. Let us know, okay?

I do think it would help to message your belly often.

Are you eating enough? With the Miralax, it needs plenty of food inside you to have enough to form the stool. If your only taking Miralax and not eating enough food....it just sits in you as water, I would assume. I know you don't feel like putting more food into your body...but not eating can definately cause worse constipation.

Have you tried addind a SFS or more flax for bulk? The water needs to have something to absorb, I would assume.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Also new
      #286324 - 10/13/06 12:08 PM
Jordy

I would think getting a coffee enema in the ER would be safer than hydrotherapy...wouldn't it? Have you thought about going to the ER?

Have you tried the Natural Calm? It does make the stool more watery too though...and sounds like you need bulk.

--------------------

Re: Also..Where do you buy Natural Calm? nt new
      #286349 - 10/13/06 04:18 PM
Reneemj

Reged: 10/06/06
Loc: San Diego, CA

#286357 - 10/13/06 05:22 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

this is really too bad, i thought you were doing well and adding seeds and stuff, what happened all of a sudden, you poor thing, i hope you feel better soon.
Hydrotherapy can be dangerous if the person is not qualified but can be great if all is done well.

Most HFS.... new
      #286371 - 10/13/06 06:45 PM
Jordy

or Whole Foods or Wild Oates if you have one nearby. But I've seen it in most private HFS. Just ask them. Or, you can order it online.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2124

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review