All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
magnesium citrate
      #286220 - 10/12/06 04:53 PM

Unregistered

There is no school on the 18th and 19th(hopefully I don't work) I was wondering, i know its not good to take laxatives, but i rarely use them, what would be good to use to clean me out completely? I need it, i feel so gross and all that. I've tried magnesium citrate a few times, but it seems to leave quite a bit in me and it also takes a really long time for it to kick in, i'm talking taking it at 1 am. and it starting to work like close to 5 at night, then continuing to have effects the next day. I once had a Lo-so prep before a barrium enema exam. I asked my doctor to prescribe me one once, a long time later, and she said no. What's something I can ask my doctor about, anything that would take one day to work and wipe the [censored] [censored] out of me? Is there anything in a store i could buy that would work like the magnesium citrate, but better? Here's a link with a pic if you don't know what i'm talking about
http://www.valu-rite.com/vr/magnesium-citrate.html

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: magnesium citrate new
      #286291 - 10/13/06 09:06 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I (and many others) still swear by the Natural Calm. I remember you mentioning you tried it... did you not take enough? I take 2.5-3 teaspoons every night and it works great. I think you need to take it earlier than 1am, though. Try taking it right after dinner.

But if you really want to get "cleaned out" (and I know how you feel!) I have two thoughts:

Take an even higher dose of Natural Calm (3-4 teaspoons);

Take 3 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia. That stuff will DEFINITELY clean you out.

On one occasion, I actually used both of these (though smaller doses of each) and it certainly did the trick!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#286311 - 10/13/06 10:29 AM

Unregistered

i've never taken the natural calm, I ordered some. The thing is my dad is gone all week and he refuses to leave a mail key for me to pick up the mail.Its been sitting in the mailbox all week. I work tonight, and i don't even think my dad will be home ontime for me to try it, plus, even if he was, i don't wanna experiment 1hour or less than that before i work. I mentioned I took the magnesuim citrate, not the natural calm.

#286325 - 10/13/06 12:13 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Um, Natural calm IS magnesium citrate.... it's just a better formulation than the "generic" mag citrate you can buy in other forms.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#286358 - 10/13/06 05:32 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

though natural calm is mag citrate it is ionic, hence the fizzing when you add it to hot water which virtually no others are which means it creates a solution in water where most would not dissolve like that, in the end what it means is that your bady uses it much more readily than most mag citrates in caps, tablets or thick milky solutions.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review