All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
time of the month
      #286035 - 10/11/06 10:16 AM

Unregistered

Does anyone notice a diffrence with their Ibs when they're on their period? I really noticed my constipation and had strong urges to go to the bathroom and couldn't. I noticed the crap in my alot more too. I really noticed how C I was and it was sooo uncomfortable. ALso, do you get more gas and such?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: time of the month new
      #286037 - 10/11/06 10:28 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

It's pretty normal to have worsening symptoms around the time of your period - This can be normal even for those without IBS - hormones often make women D or C during their periods.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#286064 - 10/11/06 03:11 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Yes, and there are studies confirming that hormones have a lot to do with IBS. I am actually hoping that once I go into the menopause, my symptoms would subside (I still have too long to go though...) as they do with a lot of women with IBS.

And yes, it is true that women without IBS notice a change in their "BM schedule" around that time of the month.

I think Heather talks about that in one of her books, or even on this site, though I don't have time to look for it sorry.

--Jerry IBS-C

#286159 - 10/12/06 10:34 AM

Unregistered

i take ortho try-cyclean lo(think i spelled it wrong) for my hormonal acne. Can that make my c worse? Could it be giving me IBS like symptoms? I'm really hopping I don't have IBS, if i do, i think its mostly mild, usually. I just ate like 5 eggs in my cooking class(with yolks)and don't feel bad. Yesterday I ate like 6 no-bake cookies, a piece of cheese and some cheeze its(whatever their called). I've been diagnosed with it though. I went to the doc. for spasms once. I got mild and bad ones sometimes. But its been like months since i've got those.

#286164 - 10/12/06 10:54 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

The hormone changes from the pill could certainly be contributing to your symptoms. That is something you may want to ask your doctor about. Perhaps try switching to a different pill to see if you tolerate it better.

If you are having problems IBS-wise, then you may want to try omitting all the trigger foods that you have been eating.
Quote:

I just ate like 5 eggs in my cooking class(with yolks)and don't feel bad. Yesterday I ate like 6 no-bake cookies, a piece of cheese and some cheeze its(whatever their called).

These could all be the culprit in your IBS symptoms and may take more than a few minutes to do their nasty work

Have you read through Heather's diet information?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#286166 - 10/12/06 10:59 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

You may want to try a low dose monophasic birth control pill instead. The hormones don't vary from pill to pill, they all have the same dose. Even when on the pill though, around that time of the month symptoms can always get worse.

--------------------
Kat

#286204 - 10/12/06 02:49 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I also used to take Ortho tricyclen (also for acne), and last year switched to Necon (generic for Modicon), which is monophasic. It did NOT make my skin worse at all, which is great! Plus, I skip my period (I take the pills every day rather than taking a week off), so I never have to worry about my symptoms getting worse at "that time". I can remember getting really bad C while on my period. I feel SO much better now!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#286211 - 10/12/06 04:34 PM

Unregistered

actually, the thing is foods don't seem to bother me. I mean only once in a great while do i get some smelly gas and some stomach pain(never had any horible pain i've read Ibs people get) Actually, what's weird is, i'm on my period now and my stool is really soft, i'm actually pooping more than i usually do, not saying that i'm taking healthy ones right now. I just went to the bathroom like 3 times, because my bm wasn't done and i had to go a little more, but stilll i din't go much. One was really long and skinny and the others were all short and real skinny.

#286231 - 10/12/06 06:51 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Don't take this the wrong way, but your post made me smile. Only with IBS would we hope for menopause... lol. (hey, I used to be jealous of my cat's poops. How pathetic is that?)

#291143 - 11/24/06 04:50 PM
Nicoblu

Reged: 12/28/05
Loc: Lafayette, LA

I had the exact same problem until I started taking Woman Zyme by the Renew Life company.

See Previous Post

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2856

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review