All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SAFE ACACIA / IF COMBINING???
      #285580 - 10/07/06 03:21 PM
ssr

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO

I have gotten 'stopped up'/C with SFS in the past(including acacia). I am giving it another shot, starting today, with 1/2 t.x2/day. HOWEVER, I read in a recent post, that you MUST ramp up IF at the same time, or you will, most likely become 'C'/stopped up. I just want to be sure that this is correct! Please help if you know about this. I am really hoping acacia will be beneficial this time and want to give it every chance. THANKS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SAFE ACACIA / IF COMBINING??? new
      #285603 - 10/07/06 08:33 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Heather's Diet also suggests eating IF. Many people seem to over look that point.

Re: SAFE ACACIA / IF COMBINING??? new
      #285624 - 10/08/06 07:22 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

As Gracie says, you need to be eating IF anyhow. The trick is to eat as much IF as you can possibly tolerate. Adding Acacia to your diet should help you eat more of it. I do think it's possible to swing to C if you consume SF without enough IF and that would certainly apply to upping your Acacia dose.

Unfortunately, there's no magic formula that will tell you how much IF you can tolerate with a given amount of SF/SFS. You will have to experiment and see what combination works best for you. My advice is to start with a very low dose of Acacia (maybe 1/4 teaspoon per day) for a few days and see how you do. If you start to swing C, then add a little more IF. Go up on your Acacia slowly (I added 1/4 teaspoon per day every 3 days) and keep an eye on how you're feeling.

The other thing to remember is to get enough fluid. Like all SF, Acacia does its best work when it's wet.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 395

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review