All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Question new
      #285185 - 10/04/06 10:41 AM
Rinny

Reged: 08/07/04
Loc: San Luis Obispo, California

Hi...have you looked into gastroesophageal achalasia? A friend of mine has that, and it sounds exactly like what you have. It often goes undiagnosed for years. And a lot of the tests you've had don't diagnose it. Fluoroscopy is often needed. I've also found that doing an acupressure type technique has helped my restless leg syndrome...and I believe it may help something like this (since there unfortunately isn't a great treatment)...the website is "emofree.com". It may sound odd and quirky. But it doesn't ask any money from you so you have nothing to lose...and I've found it to be surprisingly helpful in situations where medications aren't...Good luck and take care!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS?? new
      #285190 - 10/04/06 12:01 PM
shellyr

Reged: 02/17/04

The pain you describe definitely sounds like the pain I used t get from gallbladder. My pain started when I was in eigth grade. It was not until I was 30 years old that the figured out it was my gallbladder. My surgeon told me it it hard to diagnose gallbladder disease, because unless you gallbladder it malfunctioning at the very minute that the tests are performed they can come back negative. With my GB disease I never had gallstones, just a "sludge that would build up and cause my GB to get inflamed. I would definitely keep asking about the gallbladder thing. But do not rule out IBS, even after having my gallbladder out, the other symptoms of my diagnosed IBS are still there if not worse.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 719 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2816

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review