All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mvc ur story please
      #284691 - 09/30/06 06:51 PM
mandi1655

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: ny, usa

Hi I was difficut to Dx because my main symptom was pain. The pain is in my stomach (upper abdomen) not my intestines like most. I would like to talk to someone else who may be in my position. We seem to be far and in between. mandi

--------------------
I choose to be a person living with a disease, not a diseased person.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Upper right abdomen ... new
      #284696 - 09/30/06 07:14 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Jan 1980 was the year the chronic pain began in my upper right abdomen. However, I have had periodic pain attacks there since grade school. I have had dozens of x-rays, ultrasounds and endoscopies and an MRI. The pain worsens when I inadvertently eat something with preservatives or certain oils/fats. When I have a severe attack I can feel the pain (gas?) wander through my intestines. I believe this usually happens when my IF/SF gets too high. On the other hand the lactose and fructose symptoms I have are typically IBS-D with cramping. Fortunately it rarely happens. These symptoms had a late onset and I did not recognize them until 3 years ago.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Upper right abdomen ... new
      #284771 - 10/01/06 02:06 PM
mandi1655

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: ny, usa

It's good to know that Im not the only one out there! My pain is in the same place. My doctor was about to have my gallbladder removed because he couldn't figure out what the problem was!

--------------------
I choose to be a person living with a disease, not a diseased person.

Re: mvc ur story please new
      #284779 - 10/01/06 03:14 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

None of my docs have suggested my gall bladder should be removed. I would get another opinion before I under went gall bladder surgery with out evidence that it is needed.

Does the EFI diet work for you? Do you have other sensitivities such as lactose intolerance, fructose malabsorption, etc?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Upper right abdomen ... new
      #284785 - 10/01/06 04:02 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

RUQ pain is a classic gallbladder symptom ... while it certainly isn't a good idea to have your gallbladder taken out just because you don't know what else it is, you should still make absolutely sure that it's *not* your gallbladder. This would include bloodwork, abdominal ultrasound, and HIDA scan. I think there might be a couple other tests but I'm not sure what they are. I'm guessing that if your doctor was close to having you do surgery that you've probably already had all the tests, but just thought I'd mention it anyway. I'm having pretty bad gallbladder problems right now and will be talking to a surgeon tomorrow about getting it taken out.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3987 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1184

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review