All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Re:New Benifiber-are we in trouble here?
      #284670 - 09/30/06 02:26 PM
AndrewL

Reged: 02/20/05

Dear Hearts;
Been awhile since I posted here.As you all know by now,corporate America has screwed the lowest common denominator once again in us:Benefiber has changed from the IBS safe hydrolyzed guar gum fiber to a wheat dextrin base to save costs.I tried it today for the first time and my system seems out of whack-soreness,nausea.This is SO frustrating-the dextrin itself is a soluble fiber base and unless you're allergic to wheat products,it should be fine,but there are concerns about how it's processed.Anyone want to weigh in on this since I really don't have time to shop around and experiment.
Sincerely,
Andrew L.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:New Benifiber-are we in trouble here? new
      #284671 - 09/30/06 02:28 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you given Heather's Acacia a try? By the way, who is Hearts?

He calls us "dear hearts" :) new
      #284674 - 09/30/06 02:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Andrew! Good to "see" you, sorry to hear you're not doing so hot. It really irritates me when companies feel the need to mess with something that works - haven't they heard the expression, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

Anyway, I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm not familiar with Benefiber at all - never tried it, before or after the change. It's entirely possible that it's just not going to work for you anymore, and you'll have to switch to something else. While all SF supplements function the same in the body, individual tolerances definitely come into play when it comes to the ingredients. Stinks, I know.

Hope you feel better soon!

Re:New Benifiber-are we in trouble here? new
      #284685 - 09/30/06 06:30 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Do you have a Walgreen's in your neck of the woods? Their Benefiber knock-off still has guar gum and is working for me.

Re: He calls us "dear hearts" :) new
      #284688 - 09/30/06 06:42 PM
AndrewL

Reged: 02/20/05

Casey;
Thanks.Starting graduate school in mathematics soon-can't have any ugliness now.I've tried the new Benefiber twice now-nothing too bad so far.Keeping my fingers crossed-keep you guys posted.
Andrew L.

Re: He calls us "dear hearts" :) new
      #284718 - 10/01/06 04:24 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I just bought the clear benefiber that you mix in I think its that brand. I'm very to the extrme c with cramping/gas. Nothing works even perscriptions but do you think it can give any relief and how much do I take?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3149 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review