All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
College student and not enough time!
      #284560 - 09/29/06 03:00 PM
mandaD

Reged: 09/29/06

Hello everyone!
I have been snooping through your message boards for a while, and I have finally decided to register. I am not new to this condition, I have been IBS-D for the past 5 years or so. I have always wanted to get it under control, however, I use time as the reason. I say I don't have enough time to take care of it. I am VERY busy (full time student, wife and work 30 hours a week), but I realize that I HAVE to get this under control so it doesn't take over my life. I have written down MANY of the suggestions on the website and I have 2 of Heather's books. My main problem is that I am always on the go. I commute to school daily so I find myself eating in the car A LOT. This is a horrible habit, but it is my life. I have a huge list of very portable snacks, but do any of you have any ideas for "portable" food that I could eat for lunch/dinner in the car on my way to school?

Thank you all so much for all you do everyday! I am glad to "meet" you all!

Amanda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: College student and not enough time! new
      #284590 - 09/29/06 07:51 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Hi mandaD. Nice to have you on the boards. I work 12 hour shifts, and between family, work, na programs, and church there is no time. I do a lot of bananas, carots, pretzels, and turkey or chicken on sourdough or french bread while in the car for lunches and dinners.

What has been important in keeping me stable is having something in my system. And always a thermos of peppermint or ginger tea. Hope that that helps you some.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#284593 - 09/29/06 08:24 PM
mandaD

Reged: 09/29/06

Thank you so much for your reply, it did help. I will take note of what you said! I think that is another one of my problems, I overeat when I finally have time to sit down. I just need to keep it in my head that it is ok to snack and keep my system full. Thank you so much for your help!
Amanda

You're right ... new
      #284595 - 09/29/06 09:09 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

That is something else that has changed in my eating habits ... smaller portions throughout the day. I try to never eat to where I fill stuffed. I leave that extra room for dessert and then have none.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#284601 - 09/30/06 03:03 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

Well I'm not d but am young with a full schedule. I see a nutritionist and we have 3 meals 3 snacks. A lot is getting into a routine. I would encourage you to get a lunch bag with ice pack and maybe a thermous for soups or warm things.Do you have access to a microwave if so you heat left overs etc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 619

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review