Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
habits to help 'C'/spastic???
      #284505 - 09/29/06 12:17 PM
ssr

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: St. Louis, MO

Hi all,
I am not new, but haven't participated much at all. Here is my big question: have had IBS for 30 years,I am not exactly 'C'--actually more spastic, go multiple times(but is never D), but always needs to be instigated by food or drinking something hot. All these years, I have induced a BM in the morning but drinking hot tea/eating...sometimes many cups just to go once, sometimes go several times (feels incomplete each time)with hot and/or food in between. Sometimes it doesn't work and then I am worse off. I wonder if I have trained my system to expect this and thus it doesn't know how to go 'on its own' anymore. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Its ridiculously time-consuming, not reliable, makes traveling a bear, and is the epitomy of hypervigilence that probably doesn't help. If anyone has opinions about this I would be so grateful.

ALSO: has anyone tried methylcellulose powder as fiber? OR castor oil packs (supposed to be good for 'C'/spasms/gas)

thanks to all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: habits to help 'C'/spastic??? new
      #284515 - 09/29/06 12:44 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I answered you under your original post on this from this morning: web page

It keeps the Boards less confusing if you don't post the same thing message twice. If you want to be sure people are paying attention to your original post, you can just bump it by replying to it yourself and putting "Bump -nt-" in the Subject line and nothing in the Message Text itself.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6939 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 366

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review