All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help a pregnant woman with a craving?
      #284233 - 09/27/06 11:43 PM
JennB

Reged: 02/19/05

Not to bring this up again, but I waited for what seems like forever for the new Baked Tostitos to finally hit my market and they're finally here and they're HORRIBLE! They were supposed to be exactly like the old ones just a different shape. Well, the shape sure is different and it's not good and they have an awful vegetable oily aftertaste. So, here's my query. From the last Tostitos thread, I know that some of you still have access to the regular old Baked Tostitos. If you're one of those lucky souls and would be so kind as to send me a bag or two or ten, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you all expenses and more. Plus, the little pea and I would be forever grateful. Let me know and I'll contact you offlist.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help a pregnant woman with a craving? new
      #284236 - 09/28/06 05:53 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

try to find guiltless gourmet brand at you local HFS, they are so good and so not greasy.

#284239 - 09/28/06 06:22 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I haven't seen Baked Tostitos in ages, so I can't help you there. I agree with Miso, though - try the Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips. I've found them in Yellow, White, and Blue Corn flavors, but from their Website it looks like they come in a lot of other flavors, too. (Watch out for dairy and so on in some of the flavored ones). They only get 14% of their calories from fat and I find them much, much better than the old Baked Tostitos. I buy mine at Whole Foods, but the Website has a product locator that will tell you if you can buy them anywhere near you. There's also a way to order them online. (Guiltless Gourmet)

Trader Joe's makes a very similar Baked Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (Salted) that I like even a little better. Again, their website can tell you if there's a Trader Joe's near you. (Trader Joe's)

Note that these chips all seem to be made from whole corn but I've never had a moment's trouble with any of them, even when I, um, overindulge. I assume the corn is so finely ground that my tummy can handle it.

I hope this helps. All the best to you and the little pea.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#284240 - 09/28/06 06:37 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm also very disappointed at the new Baked Scoops that replaced the Baked Tostitos. The Baked Tostitos only had two ingredients: corn, salt.

The new ones have several ingredients.

I'm pregnant too and have been craving the Baked Tostitos.

Maybe if we complain enough they'll bring them back!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1916 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review