All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
multivitamins
      #284125 - 09/27/06 07:47 AM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

I haven't posted for a while because I've been doing pretty well. Between the diet and the hypnosis CD's, I only have stomach attacks once every month or two. Yeah! But I have a question. My stomach has never appreciated taking vitamins, but as I get older I really would like to be taking them. Does anyone take any multivitamin that claims it is easy on your stomach and actually is!?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: multivitamins new
      #284218 - 09/27/06 07:02 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

the only multi i have found that doesn't make me feel sick is New Chapter's Only One, the rest of theirs have herbs which could irritate your tummy, but the Only One is herb free, it is a whole food multi and so it goes down and absorbs much better than others.

#284222 - 09/27/06 07:32 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I will ditto that. Amazingly the only vitamin I have ever taken that didn't make me nauseated or burpy.

#284226 - 09/27/06 08:15 PM
Miso

how did you discover them, i did a 30 company trial and error which cost me a lot over the years

#284227 - 09/27/06 09:25 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Somebody gave me a pointer to your post! I appreciate your trial and error on my behalf Honestly, I didn't really think they would work since I've never been able to stand vitamins.

#284237 - 09/28/06 05:55 AM
Miso

i am really glad that it was not only me they have worked for, it is so important to take a good multivitamin, but it seemed for ia long time i wouldn't be able to. yay us and we shall spread the word.

#284253 - 09/28/06 07:43 AM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

Thanks, you guys, for the recommendation. I'll try them. What about calcium/magnesium. I noticed this company has that too, but there are a lot of other things in that product. Do you take calcium/mag - if so, which one?

#284315 - 09/28/06 10:21 AM
Miso

they do make a cal-mag, but i have avoided it as it has herbs in it. I still haven't found a cal-mag that doesn't bother me, but i will keep trying. If you are brave you could try their cal-mag, it may be just fine for us, but in th emeantime i am revelling in th efact that i currenlty have a supplements regimen that works for me, and will look to add the cal-mag at some point in th efuture as it is the only thing left for me to add that i need.
presently i take:
probiotics
digestive enzymes
multvitamin
omega 3 fish oil
l-glutamine
acacia fiber
iron/b-12/flic acid capsule (non constipating, who knew it existed.)
Cipralex for anxiety ocd
Birth control pill
Thats the regimen, seem slike a lot, but have been doing really well on it, i eat raw veggies and nuts and seeds, i love the way i eat as i hate white bread and never touch, i use SF veggies instead and eat Whole grain grains sparingly.
I will keep people posted ion the cal-mag thing and hope you all will do the same. Generally my main issue with supplemets when they agree with me is I get C and very nauseated, which I hate and makes me have anxiety issues.
i really hate nausea and it was one of my main symtoms once upon a time

#284399 - 09/28/06 05:43 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Is this multivitamin a big horse pill? so many of them are...I think that's another reason I never follow through on taking them.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#284402 - 09/28/06 05:59 PM
Miso

they are pretty big, but most multi are, you can just chew it if you can't swallow it, since it is a whole food vitamin, it will taste really yeasty though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5024

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review