All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: multivitamins new
      #284418 - 09/28/06 08:47 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

what about cutting it in half? I've considered doing that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#284435 - 09/29/06 06:13 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I take One-A-Day Essential. It's only vitamins, no minerals.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#284686 - 09/30/06 06:32 PM
mandi1655

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: ny, usa

Hi! I agree about the size of the pills-wow! I personally like liquid vitamins. I take it in the am with my fiber,iron,aloe juice, peppermint cap, ester C, Noni juice, probiotics, digestive enzymes with either eggs or yorgart with protein shake mixed in. Thats just the am!

--------------------
I choose to be a person living with a disease, not a diseased person.

#284817 - 10/01/06 07:37 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I take prenatal vitamins (NovaNatal)... have for quite a few years now. All the over-the-counter multi-vitamins I have tried made me very sick at my stomach. With these, I just take them with water right before I go to bed. The only time I have any trouble is if I take it and then don't go to bed. After about an hour or so I will start having nasty vitamin-tasting burps and then might feel slightly yucky, but nothing major and no IBS flare-ups caused by it. If I go straight to bed, though, I don't have any ill effects whatsoever... it wears off by the time I get up the next morning.

The pills are only slightly larger than a regular pill, which is good because I have a lot of trouble swallowing if a pill is too large. If you get prenatal vitamins with calcium, though, they are much bulkier. The doctor said this was perfectly safe for me to take even though I'm not trying to get pregnant right now... just a little more than I might need of a few things, but that's okay.

#284930 - 10/02/06 04:49 PM
stidesheaven

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Colorado

I have been unable to take multivitamins for years and recently have noticed my health going downhill. After reading your post I have some hope that the New Chapter's Only One will work for me and I ordered a bottle on Friday. I am eagerly awaiting them so I can give you alla report on them as well. Wish me luck and thanks for your post!

Re: multivitamins.... I'm trying the calcium new
      #285109 - 10/03/06 07:06 PM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

Well, I decided to suck it up and try the Cal/Mag supplement. I started taking it today and so far so good. I'll let you know in a few days how it's going. I also have the Only One - I'm going to take the calcium/mag one for the rest of the week first, then add the multivitamin. I'm in my 40's so I need calcium.

#285118 - 10/03/06 07:54 PM
Mrs. K

Reged: 10/02/06
Loc: Hawaii (Oahu)

I take One Source Complete, it is a Prenatal Vitamin that you can purchase at Wal-Mart. I can take it on an empty stomach and not have any problems. It took me a chile to find but I love it.

--------------------
Aloha

#285996 - 10/10/06 09:26 PM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

Thanks so much for the recommendation of these vitamins. I am taking the Only One and have never been able to take a multi before. No side effects at all! I also have been taking the Cal/Mag by the same company and I have no side effects from those either! Thanks again!

#286003 - 10/11/06 05:36 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i am so happy they are working out for so many of us, i might write them a letter and tell them

Re: multivitamins-Miso - Canadian IBS friendly vitamin? new
      #286010 - 10/11/06 06:19 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

I was just going to post something re: multivitamin that does not upset stomach and bowel. Reading through - which one is a good one to start with on the first try? Thanks, Debbie IBS-C
P.S. I am in Canada so need something available here.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 596 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5120

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review