All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Brings to mind a quote new
      #284333 - 09/28/06 11:20 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

This whole thread brings to my mind the famous line from Pirates of the Carribean "I like to think of it as more of a guideline"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bwahaha! new
      #284351 - 09/28/06 12:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Sounds perfect. Which one of us gets to wear the poofy gown?
*snicker*

Re: Potato new
      #284356 - 09/28/06 12:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

The more knowledge you have the more power you have over your situation.

Not necessarily. There's such a thing as overthinking a situation. There's also such a thing as obsessing, confusing yourself with contradictory information, and making yourself SICKER as a result of all that worrying and stressing.

The people who have been here a while, especially, find that very frustrating, because it's not necessary. The information you need to follow the principles of the diet is all right here, on the site. People who have been here for a long time, like me, continue to point that out - not because we're mindless Heather-followers, but because it's true.

I've been stable for a year and a half (well, almost). I followed the generic advice on this site - soluble before insoluble - and used Heather's lists. I never looked up a single chart, never researched a single food, never read a single scientific report, never even read beyond the fat grams on a single food label. I never bought a single book. The K.I.S.S. method - period. I'm sorry, but you can't argue with success.

Of course I'm aware that a potato - even peeled - does have IF, because pretty much everything does. However, the process of cooking a potato, while it might not change the actual fiber content/makeup, DOES "break down" the IF and make it a hell of a lot easier to digest... so easy, in fact, that what you're left with is, functionally, soluble fiber.

(And I even got on the potato subject in the first place because somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned a potato being IF. As in, primarily IF. Which, I'm sorry, is simply not correct. But I may have misread. *shrug*)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1436 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review