All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
passing bright red blood
      #283137 - 09/20/06 08:01 AM
niclouise

Reged: 11/22/05
Loc: north wales, uk

for the past couple of days i have noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper after bowel movements and sometimes ive passed a bit of blood on its own, am i right in assuming this is not serious because its bright red not dark red? I was diagnosed with an anal fissure 2 years ago which usually burns with my soft poops so could it be this causing the blood? thx for any help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: passing bright red blood new
      #283149 - 09/20/06 08:47 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Call your doctor. Could be nothing...could be a sign of colotis or something more serious. I don't know the difference between dark and bright...but any type of blood would alarm me....unless it's from straining, which I get a lot.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#283155 - 09/20/06 09:19 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Often a sign of a hemmerhoid, especially if just a little. Definitely call your doctor to make sure.

#283161 - 09/20/06 09:40 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

The fissure could be causing this as well as hemroids. From my personal experiance wiping to hard and to often has caused bleeding from surrounding tissue and not directly from the anus. The clear hemroid gel with witchhazel does wonders for fissures and bleeding, but expect burning the first few times you use it. If your wiping to hard and often, try the cottonel flushable moist wipes I use nothing els if I can help it. And if I'm home for the evening a quick jump in the shower is better than paper. My Kingdom for a Bidet. But if you haven't already, go talk to your doctor.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

#283260 - 09/20/06 02:59 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/bleeding/index.htm

"Hemorrhoids are the most common cause of visible blood in the digestive tract, especially blood that appears bright red. Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins in the anal area that can rupture and produce bright red blood, which can show up in the toilet or on toilet paper. If red blood is seen, however, it is essential to exclude other causes of bleeding since the anal area may also be the site of cuts (fissures), inflammation, or cancer"

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 871

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review