All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Do you need to take peppermint oil capsules on an empty stomach?
      #283081 - 09/19/06 05:22 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Hey all,

Just wondering if you need to take Heather's peppermint oil on an empty stomach? I don't necessarily always know when I am going to eat, or I forget to take the capsules until right before I eat.

How often do people have adverse effects with these capsules? My stomach has been gurgly and gaseous all day. I don't know if the capsules are causing this problem, or if not taking one at lunch caused this problem. I've been off for the past few days which is a bummer because I really thought that the hypnosis C.D.s were helping me, but as of late, things have not been so good. But I've also been feeling lethargic, so maybe it's a bug. I'm just so confused about these peppermint capsules! Any help from anyone would be great.

Oh, and how do you download a pic for your profile?

Hope you're all having a good day!

Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Do you need to take peppermint oil capsules on an empty stomach? new
      #283088 - 09/19/06 06:34 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

The caps should be taken on an empty stomach 30min - 1hr before eating. It should be taken with just a sip of tepid water - just enough to get it down your throat.

Don't give up on the hypno cd's. It's normal to have some bad days when you do it, and too, some people need to do 2 or 3 rounds before seeing a significant difference.

Re: Do you need to take peppermint oil capsules on an empty stomach? new
      #283291 - 09/20/06 05:52 PM
Kat32

Thanks for your help Gracie! I had a better day today and am trying the tummy tamers again. My hypnosis CD reminded me that it is a gradual process (I was listening to the intro CD today).

Kat

not necessarily new
      #283556 - 09/22/06 09:58 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I take them as needed. Sometimes after a meal I start to gurgle and I take two and lie down and the gurgles will subside.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: not necessarily new
      #283661 - 09/23/06 04:02 PM
Kat32

Thanks Little Minnie,

I will have to try that. Does lying down give you heartburn though? I've also heard that it's a good idea to get moving after you eat when you have IBS. I'm just confused about that.

I see you are from Minnesota. That's where I grew up. Where do you live in MN? Sometimes I think about moving back there! I miss the water.

Peace,

Kathy

Re: not necessarily new
      #283903 - 09/25/06 05:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't get heartburn and I only take pep caps and lie down if D is impending. That way I avoid immodium which can cause C. I take pep caps otherwise if I know I might have some trouble or if something just doesn't feel right. So you can take them really whenever- not just before eating.

I live in the northwest suburbs. I still like MN.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review