All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WHAT TO DO? Positive for bacteria, parasites, fungi and soy. Need HELP
      #282551 - 09/16/06 12:55 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

My Naturopath doc faxed me a copy of my Expanded GI Panel test results from stool and saliva.
It shows positive for:
1.Goetrichum candidum fungi - 1 trace
2.Toxoplasma parasite - positive
3.Ameba histolytica parasite - detected
4.Helicobacter pylori bacteria - 3-5.5 U/ml
5.Soy (protein) allergy - positive

Can you guys help me understand what all of this mean? What should I do? Do I talk about it with my GI doc or just with my Naturo doc? Can any of this cause me IBS-C symptoms?

I would really appreciate any info, help, advice and suggestions you can offer. Thank you!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WHAT TO DO? Positive for bacteria, parasites, fungi and soy. Need HELP new
      #282553 - 09/16/06 01:08 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

well now you have a dilema, because in order ot get rid of candida you need to do a candida cleanse which involves cutting out all the bread, flours etc that heathers diet is based on, there are herb combos you can use , but they are hard on the tummy. Probiotics obviously help.
For heliobactor you can take mastica gum, it is proven to kill it, look it up on the net for info and dosing.
The parasites can be addressed through antibiotics or herbs, both hard on the tummy, but if they are the root problem then it may be worth the momentary inconveniences.
The soy thing is easy and hard, it is in so many things, but you can also just do a general large quantity avoidance like not drinking soy milk or eating tofu, but if its a small amount in some product its fine.
Do also remember that while naturopaths are great they can be overzealous with things, so take it one thing at a time and be aware of how you are reacting. The naturopth could be spot on and dealing with these issues could rid you of some of your tummy issues or it could al be useless and you will be out time and money. Like i said just go slow.

#282558 - 09/16/06 01:29 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Thank you Miso, you are so helpful always. My Naturopath doc is also a board certified Internal Medicine M.D.

And, I forgot to mention that my Expanded GI panel test results came from Diagnos-Tech, Inc. Laboratory. They sent my Naturo doc the results and he faxed them to me yesterday. I will talk to him again on Tuesday to see what he says, but I will also follow your advice to go slow.

Need all the help, info and advice I can get...Hope to hear from more of you guys about this.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#282591 - 09/16/06 05:02 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Talk to both of the doctors about it -- I'd ask for a treatment plan from both of them, and not commit yourself before hearing both of them.

Parasites normally cause terrible D if they make people sick enough to cause symptoms, so I doubt it's causing your C. It's actually very common for people to be exposed to toxoplasma (I think -- from what I remember from my pregnancy reading).

Anyway, the human body is a filthy place, so don't immediately freak out -- I think to some extent if you run a lot of tests on stool you're going to find some icky stuff. That doesn't mean any of it's making you sick. But, of course, that's why you need to talk to your doctors and see what this all means. I would definitely make sure that includes your GI. I admit I am fairly skeptical about naturopaths and alt med.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#282797 - 09/18/06 08:37 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I agree with Jen. Your regular GI can do stool tests using the hospital lab....I'd see how they come back first. I also thought that a parasite would cause D not C.

Where did the soy test come from? Can they determine that from a stool test? Not sure how accurate these tests are. Do you ever eat soy? How did you feel?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4288 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1085

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review