All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: scared and tired new
      #282612 - 09/16/06 06:59 PM
kcj44

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Elk Grove, CA

You are not alone. There are many people who are dealing with IBS, just like you. I for one have been dealing with IBS-D since my early 20's, (I'm 42 now), but feel I have had it since I was a kid.

My family didn't understand what I was dealing with. So I sat down and wrote a long, long letter and got information off the internet about IBS. After mailing the letter and they read it, they were so understanding about what I am going through.

Even my employer is sympathetic about my condition. I also married a wonderful man who is there through my good and bad times.

At time I still get down, but realize that I'm still living and capable of doing things, just have something that gets in the way once in awhile.

I think you should go to the support groups. I wish there was an IBs support group here in my town. There isn't one, so that is why I joined this site. A lot of nice friendly people to be there when you need someone to talk to.

We are here when ever you need us.

Karen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: new
      #282734 - 09/17/06 08:40 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I sympathsize with you. My history with IBS is that I've been on the IBS diet for about 9 months though was diagnosed several years ago. I also had to drop out of school and have spent many a Saturday night at home by myself because I can't go out and drink with all the other kids. My mom also tries to tell me it's all in my head and some extent worrying about it doesn't help. So I've been doing alright with the diet but I still haven't been able to add any insoluble fiber into my diet. So, I've started tackling my anxiety as I think this is what is holding me back. I am in therpay and I have been on Effexor for 3 weeks now and have been doing alot better. I really think that getting a handle on your anxiety and depression will help. It is no easy task but I guess my experience has told me that you should not ignore the connection between your head and your gut - because it is very powerful. Best of luck.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review