All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I need to gain weight
      #282267 - 09/14/06 12:18 PM
mommy2catherine

Reged: 09/05/06

I am 20 lbs underweight. I eat 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks too. How can I gain weight safely? My doctor suggested Boost, but it's very expensive. Also, I'm breastfeeding, so I have to be careful what kind of chemical I put in my body.

TIA!

--------------------
Marie
Crohn's dx Jan. 2007

One day at a time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I need to gain weight new
      #282276 - 09/14/06 12:43 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

What kind of snacks are you eating? You'll want to have higher calorie snacks, like the IBS-safe quick breads listed in the recipe index. I also eat Luna Bars as a snack, but those get expensive as well.

#282292 - 09/14/06 03:25 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I am trying to gain about 10 lbs right now as i am 5'5" and 100 lbs, i seem to be doing better the larger that i am able to make my portions, whihc is hard for me since i seem to only digest small portions well, but as i gradually increase i seemt o be adjusting.
i make sure that i have nut or seed or their butters with every meal for extra healthy fats and am eating as much pureed bean dips as i can. Meat doesn't digest well for me and grosses me out, but sometimes i will have fish.
i don't do eggs, but try doing egg white omelets at some point each day, nut and seed butters, there is a big variety now, almond, pumpkin, sunflower, cashew etc.
You can buy a rice protein powder that is easy to digest and has no junk in it, it is by nutribiotic. thats about it other than increasing portion sizes really gradually, generally though egg whites and fish work well since they digest easily and provide the proteins your body needs to maintain its weight

#282505 - 09/16/06 05:12 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I too am on weight gain. I am c and I'm not sure what your issues are but for me I choose high cal breads like bagels,thicker breads,things like muffins and scone.Cereals can add up. I eat 6 or 7 times a day. I'm good with pb and enjoy it a long with soups that have higher calories. Do you have a trader joes they have bars for cheaper. I do have ensures but understand the expense but target has them cheaper.I see a nutritionist which may help you especially being pregnent. Congrats by the way.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2776 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review