All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how did your ibs begin?
      #282235 - 09/14/06 10:46 AM

Unregistered

i had bad c for monthes then i got spasms, trapped gas, and more sensitive to foods,i'm 18, i've had bad c or monthes, and i got those other symptoms, i don't know, like later. DO people with ibs have bad c for monthes than have their symptoms change, also, people with cronic c., do they get spasms and are sensitive to dairy foods and such?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how did your ibs begin? new
      #282245 - 09/14/06 11:06 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I think I've had IBS a good deal of my life, but it only became a regular thing in the last few years. I know stress couple with alfredo set me off for a few weeks back in the summer of 2001.

However, in 2004 became something to deal with on a daily basis. My GI doc thinks it is post-infectious IBS. I don't know where I picked up the infection; I suspect it was sometime late summer-early fall of that year and it got progressively worse until I had an absolutely spectacularly unpleasant reaction to some beef & broccoli. After that, I was pretty miserable, afraid to leave the house much at all for several months until I found this diet and things slowly began to turn around.

I lean more toward D than C, but my symtoms to change from time to time. I also get gas rumbling around down there for a couple days every now & then for no reason I can pinpoint.

Re: how did your ibs begin? new
      #282264 - 09/14/06 12:14 PM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I have always had a "sensative" stomach when I had arguments with my hubby I usually stopped in the middle to throw up and when my Dad died I could not eat for about a week. But only during stressful times. Yhen about 5 years ago I had my gallbladder out and everything changed but it was still just an occasional thing. Two bouts of ulcers with the accompanying anitbiotic treatment, the first in Nov 2005 and the second in May 2006 and I developed full blown IBS. I really think all this stuff did something in my stomach. Of course, I have panic and anxiety issues so I have been told I was lucky not to get it earlier.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review