All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fiber products by RenewLife
      #281972 - 09/13/06 08:02 AM
demo

Reged: 08/15/06
Loc: New York

I've tried the FiberSmart caps, but I was wondering if anyone has used any of the other products, including the powders, or can tell me if I should stay away from any of them. I'm IBS-C:

http://www.renewlife.com/flowmeter.cfm?meter=351

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fiber products by RenewLife new
      #282070 - 09/13/06 03:48 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I use Intestinew. It has that L-Glutimine in it that helps your intestines.

#282074 - 09/13/06 04:21 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

intestinew is good, the fibersmart is a good product, my body seems to do better with the acacia, but before acacia the only fibre that didn't give me issues was the fibersmart it is a good product. their probiotics and digestive enzymes are good as well, as long as you get the extra strength versions, the regular ones are not strong enough for ibs'ers. Just stay far away from any of the cleanses or their 30 day ibs cleanse, there are too many herbs in there that you could react badly too, just too much stuff.

#282168 - 09/14/06 06:35 AM
demo

i'm currently taking the acacia and the fibersmart. is that not a good idea? can i take another fiber powder/capsule by renewlife on top of both?

#282173 - 09/14/06 06:46 AM
Miso

i would pick one eventually, i don't think you need 3 different fiber products, you are better off with one of each
1 fibeer, 1 probiotic, 1 enzyme and 1 l-glutamine product, you can also do a mag citrate to help with c and spasms.

#282232 - 09/14/06 10:34 AM
demo

k, thanks for your advice.

MAY I HAVE A BRAND NAME OF EACH ONE?Re: Fiber products by RenewLife new
      #282311 - 09/14/06 05:49 PM

Unregistered

1 fibeer, 1 probiotic, 1 enzyme and 1 l-glutamine product, you can also do a mag citrate to help with c and spasms.

I read the brand intestnew or whatever, what would be a enzyme name, and 1 1-glutamine, and probiotic? I would like the best one for each named, i've found that benefiber caplets don't work for me, maybe i need a diff. brand or a powder one? How's metamucil work?

Re: MAY I HAVE A BRAND NAME OF EACH ONE?Re: Fiber products by RenewLife new
      #282314 - 09/14/06 06:31 PM
Miso

The intestinew is the l-glutamine by renew life
The digestmore ultra is the digestive enzyme by renew life, thats the stronger one, don't get the regular
The florasmart ultra is the probiotic by renew life, the regular flora smart is ok too.

the actual brands i use are AOR for my l-glutamine
Acacia for my fiber
Primal defense for my Probiotic
and currently future formulations forte for my enzymes, but i am potentially switching to enzymedica's digest gold, so we will see.
sadly its all trial and error with these things as some companies work better fro some than others, but I do know at the store that the renewlife sells well and i do recommend it often to people with ibs, you would be surprised how many people i speak to about ibs in my HFS that i work in, its very widespread. the resaon i do not take the renew life prodcts is taht i am very sensitive to herbs and some of their products like the fibersmart and the intestinew have herbs added to them, for most people they work so well, but i am scared because of my herb sensitivity, thought the fibersmart did work well for me, my body seems to respond better to the acacia.
i just started taking prairie naturals bone solution 1:1 cal:mag and am having 2 bowel movements a day its amazing.
i just take one serving before bed and for 4 days straight its been like this.Its ionic solution so my body absorbs it well and it doesn't upset my tummy. just remember with all the supplements to start slow and introduce one at a time so you can gauge your body's reaction as you go and if one doesn't agree you know which one. also sometimes when i start something new, for the first 3-4 days i feel nauseous until my body adapts, especially with the probiotics it can take up to 2 weeks for your body to stop producing excess gas and bloat on top of your normal amount as the good bacteria beat up the bad.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1618

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review