All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and pain related to defecation
      #281839 - 09/12/06 12:13 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

It is typically said that IBS is associated with pain and/or discomfort that decreases after defecation. It was like that for me before but lately I feel it's more like I get stomach discomfort or pain after defecation especially if a lot comes out and it's in firm form. Could that be because of the change in pressure in the colon going from being strecthed out to being empty? I mean it could still be compatible with IBS then given that IBS:ers have more pressure sensitive guts than others.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and pain related to defecation new
      #281876 - 09/12/06 03:23 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

I have the same problem and I think any type of change in bowels for people who are senstive causes discomfort. "They" say your discomfort should be relieved with defecation, but I don't think that is always the case.

#281877 - 09/12/06 03:31 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I have the same thing. Usually my gut is very "gurgley" after a bm so I have to sit down and let my stomach settle afterwards. Usually just taking a break and sipping some water for a few minutes helps.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

#281939 - 09/13/06 12:06 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Pain is the hallmark of IBS. As you stablize, you should experience it less (hopefully). It could be gas, it could just be that your colon just spasmed, causing the D. Whatever the cause may be, don't worry. It's completely "normal" for us IBSers.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 574

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review