All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just found out
      #281812 - 09/12/06 11:16 AM
desiree

Reged: 09/12/06
Loc: NY State

I have been having stomach issues for about 3years. I didn't know what was going on. When i would eat i would get bloating,cramping and constapation. I stopped eating meat and dairy about 1 year ago and it helped somewhat, but i would still have pain every so often after eating.

I was told that i may have ibs and that's what brought me to this website and it has opened my eyes to other things about food i didn't know about. So if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to eat and what to eat i would be happy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just found out new
      #281882 - 09/12/06 04:25 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi,

You should read through the rest of the website, not just the message board to get lots of info. You should also get properly tested to rule out other things before the doc says you have IBS.

#281998 - 09/13/06 09:40 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Have you read Heather's book, "Eating for IBS"? I would definitely start there. Don't rely on the message boards; there's tons of info elsewhere on the site, and especially in the book. The book has great, safe recipes to start out with. "IBS: The first year" is also good.

Good luck, and welcome!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#282153 - 09/14/06 04:24 AM
desiree

hello..

what other things should i get ruled out. When i went to the doc he stated that i was too young to have a colonosopy. He gave me some meds to take twice aday and scheduled me for a abdomal sono.

#282154 - 09/14/06 04:27 AM
desiree

hello..
I had a bad nite last nite. I think i am loosing my mind. I don't know what to eat anymore. I stopped eating meat and dairy products about 1 year ago before i even knew i had a problem. I have also had colonics before and it gave me some relife. Do you think that's a good idea.

HELP!!

#282156 - 09/14/06 04:33 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

You're never too young for a colonoscopy. You need to get other conditions ruled out before you accept an IBS diagnosis. If your Dr. won't schedule you for one, get a new Dr.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#282157 - 09/14/06 04:34 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Colonics are BAD! That will completely disrupt your system. Try to follow Heather's diet. And be sure you're taking a SFS.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

#282177 - 09/14/06 06:56 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

my really bad ibs started when i was 12 and they said the same to me, that i was too young for a colonoscopy so they did the sonogram and it showed all fine, fast forward 10 years and they fonally gave me a colonoscopy whihc proved the original, that all is fine inside and that as proposed i do indeed have ibs.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review