All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bread
      #27981 - 11/19/03 10:43 PM
Jessica

Reged: 11/18/03

I know that some white breads are okay for us to eat... but which ones? Anyone know specific brands? Because I was reading the ingrediants in the bread I have now and it had eggs and fructose and butter and stuff in it so I dont think that is okay. Anway, aorry to ramble on, what white breads do you guys eat?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bread new
      #28082 - 11/20/03 11:36 AM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

I go to the local health food store. All their hearth breads are vegan, and they have several with white flour. I haven't found any grocery store breads that work.
Hope this helps.

#28097 - 11/20/03 02:25 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I like to use fresh baked French & Italian breads, or rolls. Sometimes, I make my own bread in my bread machine.

#28146 - 11/20/03 10:48 PM
Ash

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Bellevue, WA

Do you live near a Trader Joe's? They have some great breads. I love their "Healthy Gourmet White". It's really yummy and doesn't have any dairy or additives/preservatives.

#28155 - 11/21/03 05:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I only eat fresh bread. Have you got a bakery near you? My supermarket's got an in-house bakery...is this something you don't have in the States?

Linz

#28164 - 11/21/03 07:02 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I always buy my bread products -- French bread, buns and bagels -- from a Jewish bakery because baked goods (including bread, cake and pastries) at Jewish bakeries don't contain any milk products. If you go to a Jewish bakery, you should ask for baked goods that are "parve," which means they don't contain milk products.

Most Jewish bakeries (unless they are very lax on the Jewish dietary laws) would only sell "parve" bread products. Jewish people, who follow the strict dietary laws of their faith, are not allowed to eat milk and meat at the same meal. That's why Jewish bakeries offer bread and other baked goods with no milk products. That way observant Jewish people can eat baked goods such as bread at any meal.

The Jewish bakery I go to in Toronto is called "Open Window" and the bakery even special bakes the bagels for me without corn meal on the underside. The branch of the bakery I go to is located on Bathurst Street, a few blocks south of Wilson Avenue, opposite the Baycrest Hospital.

Belinda

#28165 - 11/21/03 07:43 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I just buy my bread at the local supermarket most of the time, and read the labels very carefully! I usually end up getting sliced Italian bread, which has no dairy products and is very safe for me. French and sourdough breads are usually very safe, too. It all depends on the brand. Sometimes you just have to look carefully!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review