All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How Do You Create An Acacia Powder Schedule?
      #279565 - 08/22/06 06:29 PM
Sanjay

Reged: 08/22/06

Dear Heather or anyone who could answer my question,

I read the August 22 newsletter decribing the use of Acacia powder and working your way to 2 or 3 tablespoons if you have severe constipation. I understand this could take 1 to 6 months, but how does one like myself create a schedule to build to that dosage? Is it just trail and error? Also, is it better to take the acacia before you eat or after? And my final question is, once you build to that 2 to 3 tablespoon doasage, should you spread your dosage out over the course of the entire day. Please help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How Do You Create An Acacia Powder Schedule? new
      #279576 - 08/22/06 08:58 PM
mamallama

Reged: 03/30/06
Loc: New York

i second the question. i have severe c as well as a many years long addiction to stimulant laxatives.
thanks!

#279604 - 08/23/06 08:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I started out at 1/4 teaspoon per day. I did that for 3 days. Then I added another 1/4 teaspoon per day and did that for 3 days. Then another 1/4 teaspoon and so on. Very slow but I wanted to make absolutely certain my tummy didn't object. Once I got up to a significant amount (over 1 tablespoon per day) I would stick at a dosage for several days or even a week and see how I felt.

I don't think it makes any difference when you take your Acacia as far as with meals or not. I take my first teaspoon with 1/2 cup applesauce first thing in the morning, mix the rest with 32 ounces of water, and drink the water throughout the day.

Definitely spread it out. As soon as I was taking more than 1/4 teaspoon, I took half in the morning and half right before bed (mornings are my worst time). Now, as I said, I spread it out throughout the day by drinking it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#279669 - 08/23/06 02:44 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

I started with one teaspoon a day and added a teaspoon every other week. I currently take about 3 tablespoons a day and mix it with 32 ounces of water (like someone else on this board does) and drink it throughout the day. If you have bad C and need that much SF, it is awful to drink it in two to three sittings. I recommend going to your local outdoor or sport shop and buying a Nalgene bottle. Nalgene bottles supposedly stop bacteria from building like it would in other plastic bottles.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review