All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone tried the new formula Benefiber yet?
      #279524 - 08/22/06 01:42 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I know we're all different, but I was just wondering how it's working for any other D's out there. Any side effects? Does it dissolve as well, etc.?

For now, I've switched over to Fiber Choice, which is inulin. It's working fine, but I actually kinda miss my Benefiber "ritual" of stirring it up. (I'm a little weird, aren't I? ) I'm still taking 2 cups of water with the Fiber Choice, even thought it's not a requirement.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BUMP-nt- new
      #279636 - 08/23/06 11:19 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Re: Anyone tried the new formula Benefiber yet? new
      #279674 - 08/23/06 03:03 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I don't know if what I just started taking is the "new formula," but I just switched to the chewable Benefiber tablets (they're more convenient for me, since I spend a lot of time out with friends, or at my boyfriend's house) and they're working wonderfully so far! I noticed that "acacia" was listed as one of the ingredients, and that unlike most fiber supplements, it is truly 100% SF. I am more of an A who tends toward C, but I would still recommend trying it if you've had good results with Benefiber before. Hope that helps!

--------------------
Julia

#279684 - 08/23/06 05:16 PM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Snorkie,

I haven't seen the new Benefiber formula in our grocery store yet, but I thought I read somewhere Canada has not switched over yet. Anyway, I'll try it when I see it because I'm also very fond of my benefiber routine.

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

#280201 - 08/28/06 03:45 PM
Hypnogal

Reged: 03/17/03

Yes...I just bought it. Being on a low oxalate diet/IC diet and a IBS diet - finding enough soluble fiber (other than white rice) is impossible. I too 1 teaspoon today - that's it. No results yet. I generally don't eat wheat...very inflammatory food - and this is wheat dextrin / which I understand is the SOLUBLE FIBER isolated from wheat and not wheat bran - which is insoluble fiber. I thought I'd give it a try since metamucil was effective, but bloated and anything else (cellulose for example) just seems to make "jello" in a person...not movable if you asked me. I've called the company to find out more information and you'd be surprised at how little the customer service people actually do know. Let's hope some more people chime in here...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review