All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
do we know what causes the fatigue w/IBS?
      #279022 - 08/19/06 12:15 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I assume that it is becuase our bodies are in overdrive trying to digest and move things along, in addition to some malabsorption of nutrients... does anyone have any other ideas or info you've found? I feel like people think i'm making an excuse of "being tired" due to my IBS, and I wish I could find real reasons! Any input would be great.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: do we know what causes the fatigue w/IBS? new
      #279098 - 08/20/06 03:17 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
Nope I have no idea what causes it, but I just thought I'd send you a reply to let you know you're not alone....
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has any ideas of how to help.
The last couple of days I didn't have a nap in the afternoon and by 7 or 8pm I was like soo tired I could hardly function. However, yesterday (saturday) I didn't have a nap but I did drink like 2 litres of fluid and I was ok by like 9.30 I don't know whether this was a coincidence or what but it's worth a try making sure you get enough water.
Godbless
Vicky

#279100 - 08/20/06 04:42 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I'm new but have been having a lot of issues with this and I think when you don't feel well in general it brings your moral down. That can also make you feel physically sluggish. Plus bad stomach issues is like having the flu and who wants to be energetic. I'm sorry your feeling down but try to be kind to yourself.

#279120 - 08/20/06 08:55 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I've been stable for a while and I can tell you the fatigue went away when my attacks did. Now when I get the occaisional attack (usually after a party with bad food) I really notice how fatigued I get. I feel sluggish and physically exhausted. Just wanted to say the more you get your symptoms under control, the better chances of keeping your energy up.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#279122 - 08/20/06 08:58 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Yep, pain is physically exhausting to the body. Plus, if you are depressed about all this, that can make you more tired too. But then again, lots of ADs can cause fatigue too.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#279132 - 08/20/06 09:47 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I've noticed this too. Extra water helps a LOT of things. Including fatigue, I think.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 945 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review