All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Expanding Diet
      #278982 - 08/18/06 06:45 PM
Dabrybry

Reged: 08/01/06
Loc: Merritt Island, Florida

Hey guys and girls, I was just wondering if anyone knew some good, quick and easy recipes that will most likely sit with me...I've been eating mostly rice with grilled chicken, bananas and french bread cause it seems to sit with me the best but I know it can't be great to only eat that. Are there other things that will sit as good as rice? I have been mixing in some other things in moderation such as red meat and veggies and milk and whatnot...But rice 2 or 3 times a day is getting old. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh yeah, I also just got my Tummy Fiber in the mail, anyone know good methods for mixing that into teas and meals?
-Dabrybry

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

attention new
      #278984 - 08/18/06 08:46 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

red meat and milk are huge triggers and are to be avoided at all costs, so those things are bad ideas. Good suggestions are vegetables.

Re: Expanding Diet new
      #278999 - 08/19/06 06:01 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi try looking at the eating for ibs diet on this page I don't have a link for it but if you look at your left hand side of this page there's a link for 'diet and recipes'
there you will find a comprehensive guide as to what is good to eat. The foods on the insoluble fiber list you just need to add in and see what you can handle I think cos everyone has different triggers from that list.
Hope you find it ok and you should start to feel more varied soon cos you're right rice and chicken alone is not a good diet to stick to for a long time.
Godbless

Re: Expanding Diet new
      #279012 - 08/19/06 09:33 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

Don't forget about pasta and potatoes (baked, or hash browns with little or no added fat) as a SF base ... you can top them with so many good things.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 408

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review