All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Spinach ... trigger?
      #278964 - 08/18/06 02:26 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

I ate my usual turkey sandwich today, but instead of lettuce I added some spinach. I've eaten spinach on my sandwich before, but I never had the awful cramping I experienced today? Is spinach a trigger for IBS? Should it be avoided?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Spinach ... trigger? new
      #278969 - 08/18/06 03:12 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Spinach, lettuce, both are triggers for me. I can tolerate a little with the right sfs.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#279126 - 08/20/06 09:09 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If you've eaten raw spinach before and felt okay, maybe it was something else....or stress.

I know some people can tolerate raw spinach salads. If you have the courage, I would try it again when you are feeling better. Maybe cut the amount you use. Spinach is so good for you! I wonder how cooked spinach would taste on a sandwhich. Can you tolerate cooked spinach okay?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#279131 - 08/20/06 09:45 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Hmm, just a thought but was it the same spinach as usual? Same brand? I know I usually get spinach in a bag and organic, but some companies might rinse it in something. Did you wash it first? I'm really leary of the stuff DONE to the food we eat as culprits rather than the food itself.

#279195 - 08/20/06 04:34 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

Chupie,
I hadn't thought of that. The sandwich was from Subway and maybe they changed types or didn't wash it or something. I've had a turkey sandwich with spinach on it before from there, so maybe that's it. Thanks for all of the replies! I forgot how absolutely careful you have to be on this diet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 708

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review