All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weak/Shaky
      #277989 - 08/11/06 08:35 AM
funmom

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: California

I've been on a IBS attack mode for the last week........I'm trying to do all Heather says....I am mostly IBS-C but then end up IBS-D when I do go!!! The problem is I am weak and shaky all the time..........basically I just feel ICKY. Any suggestions??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weak/Shaky new
      #277993 - 08/11/06 08:47 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Are you eating enough? I know that when I've eaten very little throughout the day, I can get very tired and shaky. Or maybe since the food goes through you so quickly that it's as if you're not eating much at all. Have you stuck to the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet?
I'm probably not much help, but I hope this helps somewhat.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#277995 - 08/11/06 08:54 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I felt worn out when I was first diagnosed. TONS of fresh water, tons of hot strong peppermint tea, and try to eat small snacks throughout the day - no big meals. Try to add fruits and veggies that are easy - cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas. Make sure you've got SF at each snack.
Seriously, the peppermint really helps me keep attacks away.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#278277 - 08/14/06 11:44 AM
funmom

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: California

Thanks...........honestly the peppermint tea grosses me out but then maybe I can put some sugar in it.......Heather says sugar is not a "trigger" so I should do okay. It seems to me that the only time I have the BLINDING pain is when I don't "go" for a few days and then when it comes out it's the worst pain EVER (and I've had 4 kids - the last of which I had emergency c-section/then my uterus tore - and I FELT it- and then emergency hysterectomy) still this pain is worse...........other than that I'm usually constipated and don't eat like I should and when I eat REALLY stupid (last week it was Taco Bell and Baskin Robbins - duh - then the attacks can hit.

Sugar new
      #278290 - 08/14/06 01:03 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Heck, sugar isn't a trigger, it's a soother! Honestly, sugared strong peppermint tea is a cure-all for me. And a sugary dessert can settle my stomach after an iffy dinner.

Sugar is empty calories, and it can mess up your blood sugar if you're diabetic. But it's really nice if your belly is acting up!

--AC

Re: Try Heather's Pep Caps if you don't like the Pep Tea. -nt- new
      #278308 - 08/14/06 03:50 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#278475 - 08/15/06 06:10 PM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

Wow, I can sure relate to that! I was diagnosed many years ago, but I just started the IBS diet plan two days ago. I felt like I was almost going to pass out at work this morning after a day of nothing but SF carbs. I was going to try banana-maybe I need potassium. But I also thought it might be the protein, so at lunch I had some grilled chicken with tortilla and rice. It didn't effect my tummy at all (YAY!) and I'm feeling a little less weak too. AS far as the peppermint tea, I use Digest-Aid tea-as much as I can tolerate. I don't really like the taste of peppermint. I also get sleep deprived. Make sure you're getting enough sleep. Hang in there!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1477 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review