All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!! I'm out of acacia!
      #277608 - 08/08/06 08:49 AM
JJBean

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Buffalo, NY

I'm going out of town tomorrow and I miscalculated how long it would take for the new acacia to arrive. Today's mail already came and the package wasn't in it!!!! Yikes!!! I'll only be gone for 4 days, but I think I only have enough acacia to last me through today.

So, the question is, can I take benefiber instead? I've never tried another fiber supplement. It took my system a really long time to get used to the acacia (even increasing it in tiny increments). I'm currently taking 2 1/s tsp. three times a day. Can I just take the same amount of benefiber?

HELP!!!!! I've been feeling so good recently and am finally feeling like I might call myself "stable." I was so excited for this trip because I'd be able to relax and not let the IBS distract me from having a great time. I really hope the benefiber works....has anyone else switched so suddenly?

Jeannine

--------------------
IBS-D and STABLE!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!! I'm out of acacia! new
      #277678 - 08/08/06 03:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Check this list.... are you anywhere near any of these NY Stores (that carry Heather's products) where you could pick some up before you go?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#277682 - 08/08/06 03:51 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I use guar gum powder (same as benefiber) but I buy the generic at Walmart that is like half as cheap. Guar gum fiber is 100% soluble fiber. I haven't used acacia so I can't say too much about switching between the two, but being as guar gum powder is 100% soluble fiber also I would think it would be an easy transition. Best of luck!

#277699 - 08/08/06 08:24 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

If you switch to another fiber just watch the grams you take. Two teaspoons of Benefiber may be less/more grams of fiber than 2tsp of Acacia.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#277802 - 08/09/06 06:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have run out before and order right away and tell them I ran out and it comes in less than 2 days! Heather is awesome.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review