All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hypoglcemia w/IBS
      #277519 - 08/07/06 01:47 PM
Byrnes

Reged: 05/16/06

I have Hypoglcemia and IBS. When checking the Diet suggested to control IBS, it states that I should not drink fruit juice which creates a problem for me because that is one way I can stop a hypoglcemick attack is drinking fruit juice or eating a frozen fruit juice bar. Can anyone suggest what I can eat that will get sugar into my body to abort a drop in my sugar level?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hypoglcemia w/IBS new
      #277527 - 08/07/06 03:28 PM
acy

Reged: 07/20/06
Loc: CA

HI There,
I also am hypoglycemic and have IBS-but a few sips of juice in the morning with some bread is enough to get my blood sugar where it should be and not mess my stomach up. Also, I've been bringing jars of applesauce to work with me and that helps too.

--------------------
Nothing in my hand I bring
Simply to thy cross I cling

#277724 - 08/09/06 07:13 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

One thing that gets my blood sugar up and stops any tummy problems is strong peppermint tea with a lot of sugar in it. Anything that's sweetened with table sugar rather than fructose (like fruit juice) is going to be safer for IBS. So you could try any herbal tea (hot or iced) with sugar or kool-aid or even sorbet!

--AC

#277796 - 08/09/06 05:25 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

I have type one diabetes, and when I get a blood sugar low, I like to drink peppermint tea with honey and a little lemon...not only does it correct the low, but it is very soothing and calms both my nerves and my tummy. But for extreme emergencies, I suggest carrying around glucose tablets (you can get them from your doctor, or from any drugstore). They are basically just pure, easily absorbed sugar, and shouldn't effect your digestive system at all. Plus, they're really convenient for traveling, or being away from home during the day. Good luck!

--------------------
Julia

#278062 - 08/11/06 11:22 PM
stidesheaven

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Colorado

I have hypoglycemia as well and I have found that heather's diet helps with hypoglycemia as well because carbs help stabelize blood sugar. One thing you could try is a base of white dairy free bread and then a small cup of cranberry juice.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 516 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review