Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Re: Eating too much of one thing
      #277493 - 08/07/06 11:55 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

Over the weekend, I ate a box of Nila Wafers and a box of
Graham Crackers. Also ate a lot of crab meat. The rest of my diet was ok I think, but is there a limit to eating these safe foods? Today I had just gotten home from the hospital for therapy on my hand that I had surgery on in June, when I was doubled over with cramps in my stomach and gas pains in my back and up my side. I have to go to therapy for 8 weeks, so don't want to get these cramps while I am out if I can help it. What would be a safe breakfast before I go in the morning for this therapy. I had oatmeal today and this has never bothered me before, so not sure what food trigered it. Was this just a delayed reaction from all the crackers and crab meat??
Marilla

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eating too much of one thing new
      #277537 - 08/07/06 04:45 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

In the past I have always had a desire to pig out on something that I thought was really good but since following the IBS diet strictly I have come to realize that even safe foods can be bad if you eat too much of them. I think the key here is to make sure you make time to eat (as opposed to eating standing up or eating in the car), eat slowly, and relax. Stop! when your full even it's soo tasty you want to eat more. I have made myself sick even on safe foods just because I ate in too much of a hurry or just flat out ate too much.
In the morning I eat a bowl of cream of rice with soymilk and brown sugar. (Very light)

Best of luck!

#277542 - 08/07/06 05:29 PM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

Hi Czukster, Thanks for the reminder to eat slowly and not over indulge. The Cream of Rice sounds good for breakfast too!!

Marilla

#277928 - 08/10/06 03:51 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

i also like to start my morning with a bowl of cream of rice cereal... and i add in a few tablespoons of plain granola for some IF. i tend to add it when there's about a minute of cooking time left, so it softens a bit.

bananas are good breakfast foods too. I have one every morning!

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Crab/crab meat (real or imitation) always gives me cramps/painful movements. *nt new
      #277941 - 08/10/06 06:00 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4018 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review