All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Mornings worse? for sophiejay new
      #277626 - 08/08/06 09:43 AM
sophiejay

Reged: 07/26/06
Loc: England

hey I do have chicken just the breast usually in soup but i usually make my own chicken soups so i k now exactly whats in it and i sometimes have peanut butter (lowfat) on my rice cakesxxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mornings worse? new
      #277632 - 08/08/06 10:09 AM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

Wow, that is exactly me. I wake up everymorning with stomach pain, It takes me 3 hours every morning to get out of the house. I have to use to bathroom a minimum of 3 times and my stools are just like you say, some soft, some pieces, then soft, some ribbon like, all morning. Then sometimes when I get to work, I still have to go suddenly again. But after it is all out, the afternoons start getting better, then as the night goes on I start to bloat up and have gas problems and I go to bed everynight with a stomach ache. Then it is back to the same thing again in the morning. I don't have bouts of IBS, every single day is exactly as I have written above. This has gone on for 20 years. I can't find a solution, even on this diet, the pattern is still the same, the bowel consistancy is still the same, the only difference is it is not as explosive on the diet. Good luck.

#277635 - 08/08/06 10:19 AM
chica77

Reged: 07/25/06

Wow. Atleast I don't get the explosive episodes as much on the diet, but the cycle does seem to be the same every morning. It is annoying. So have you tried different things, like supplemets, etc? And nothing has helped?

#277651 - 08/08/06 12:40 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

My mornings are also the worst time of day for me. I usually wake up with abdominal pain and feeling overly bloated. It doesn't help when I have to get up early, though!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#277661 - 08/08/06 01:33 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

Ok that is so me...i'll have to read what people said to you. It's awful in the morning isn't it? I am getting tired of feeling like all day I have to go. Now, I have been told it's usually what we ate the night before. I have noticed there is a pattern with that.

#277662 - 08/08/06 01:38 PM
chica77

Hi,

I try to stick to the diet, so not sure what I would have eaten the night before to cause it. Yes, it is annoying to feel like I have to go all day. The one good thing is that when I go in the morning I atleast am not worried about becoming constipated. Usually aroud 11am I feel better and then do not have to go again until the next morning and no more explosive D unless I eat a trigger food. So that is the only good thing, but wonder if anything you have tried has made it better....

#277664 - 08/08/06 01:57 PM
neves4

I know the tummy fiber (acacia) works and I stick to the probiotics and notice if I take after an episode each day, it helps some. I also notice as long as I make sure and not eat anything close to bed time helps too-no junk food, nothing! Since changing my diet, it has helped for sure.

#277666 - 08/08/06 02:26 PM
chica77

Which probiotics do you take and how often, when do you take them?
Also, you say it helps. Does this mean that how often you had to go in the morning is reduced? Thanks!

Re: Mornings worse? or middle of the night? new
      #277667 - 08/08/06 02:28 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Does anyone have (in addition to the morning problem) episodes of getting up several times in the middle of the night with gas or bloating? I am so tired and worn out anyway, and now this new thing of getting up 3-4 times during the night is really awful!

Mornings are still worst, though!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#279087 - 08/19/06 10:08 PM
neves4

I am so sorry I haven't responded until now-August just flew by and I have been very busy. I use a probiotic called IFlora (that's on the bottle anyways), it's always refrigerated and you can get it at health food stores. It doesn't stop my morning bouts right away but I notice if I keep up on it daily like 2 x's a day, for me anyways, it gets better and I even feel better (in my gut that is).

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review