All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Oh yeah... new
      #277561 - 08/07/06 08:22 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Imodium can definitely constipate you if you're not careful. If you're taking it on a regular basis, try taking only half a dose (one tablet). I found that even though I'd been taking quite a lot of it over the years, one tablet was usually enough to stop the diarrhea without completely binding me up. It also becomes less of an issue when you start expanding your diet and adding insolubles in (you're doing great, adding the bran to the oatmeal!) - it takes a little tweaking to strike a good balance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh, yeah....Thanks atomic rose new
      #277582 - 08/08/06 06:35 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

Hi atomic rose, Thanks for the feedback on Imodium. Yes, I only take one at a time also. Glad to hear that taking the bran isn't undoing any of my good intentions. It does help and I take 1 tsp. in a bowl of oatmeal. So good to hear from someone who has been there and knows what I am talking about...

Marilla

sapphiremel, I ordered the CDs! new
      #277620 - 08/08/06 09:19 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'll give you an update once I get started with them! I'm looking forward to giving it a shot! My therapist thought it was a good idea, too; she says she has heard good things about the program.

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

lisa iam on the board now thinking of ordering it too new
      #277630 - 08/08/06 09:55 AM
sapphiremel

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: New York

I have put my information in around 5 times today and change my mind. I really want to order them and yet I hope that it really works, I think I am going to order I will let u know also thanks for the update keep me posted and if I order I will let u know

--------------------
IBS D

Re: lisa iam on the board now thinking of ordering it too new
      #277722 - 08/09/06 07:07 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ya know, the worst thing that could happen with the hypno CDs is that they don't make a huge change in your IBS, but you get some extra napping time in. Honestly, all it involves is relaxing for half an hour a day while you listen to some music and a guy speaking very calmly.

The hypno CDs did teach me how to turn off my anxiety, but the learning was gradual to the point of being imperceptable. I found it the most useful when all I expected from it was a relaxing time to close my eyes (which is very nice, and does help with the IBS since fatigue is a huge trigger).

Try it, you'll like it!

--AC

#277728 - 08/09/06 07:58 AM
Lisa Marie

I can't wait to start!! I'm in desperate need of learning how to relax and manage stress. I think those are my two biggest triggers right now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Does it still work if you fall asleep while listening??

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#277746 - 08/09/06 10:22 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

Does it still work if you fall asleep while listening??

Yep, that's what they say! Your subconscious is still alert after you first fall asleep, which is why a strange noise will wake you up right away. You may want to read some of the postings over on the hypno board - they really do cover all of the questions that come up when you start.

I have to say that I was a very bad hypno person (might explain why anxiety is a big trigger for me, huh? ). I tried really hard to stay awake and analyze what was being said just so something didn't slip by me. And then I had to speculate why he phrased things one way and not another.... But there's enough repetition that I eventually learned to relax and by the time the 4th session came around, I fell asleep so quickly that it took a week before I knew what the imagery was for that session!

So anyhow, the message I want to give you is that even if you do hypno "wrong" or imperfectly, it still helps. And I swear, I get the best sleep the night after I do a refresher session these days!

--AC, hypno fan

lisa i ordered it new
      #277747 - 08/09/06 10:24 AM
sapphiremel

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: New York

I finally did it and I hope we both have good responses from it keep your fingers cross please let me know how you are doing and I will do the same.

--------------------
IBS D

Yay! hope mine comes today - keep me posted! -nt new
      #277755 - 08/09/06 12:27 PM
Lisa Marie

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#277756 - 08/09/06 12:35 PM
Lisa Marie

Well I hope my engineer-brain can handle it without trying to over-analyze everything! Perhaps once I get started I will hop on over to the hypno board... Thanks for your feedback! I'm getting more and more excited about starting!

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1078 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review