All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gastroenterologist?
      #276776 - 08/02/06 04:49 PM
MaryABR

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Stafford, Virginia

I'm finally going to see a gastroenterologist, because Heather's diet, Zelnorm, excessive running, 35 grams of daily fiber, and the million other things I'm doing to try to control my IBS-C simply aren't working. However, I'm pretty sure I have IBS-C and not something else, so will I be wasting my time and money?

If you've seen a gastroenterologist, what questions did you ask? What type of initial exam did they do? Did they test you for other possible causes? Did they offer any other ways to manage your IBS that helped? Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gastroenterologist? new
      #276777 - 08/02/06 04:54 PM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

make sure you bring a food diary so they cannot pull the "oh keep track of what you are eating and come back" ..

#276779 - 08/02/06 04:59 PM
MaryABR

Sorry, maybe a dumb question, but how long should I keep a food diary for? Two weeks before the appointment or longer?

#276781 - 08/02/06 05:11 PM
JJBean

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Buffalo, NY

I'd say as long as you can, but getting in to see the doctor is important, so whenever they can see you, you'll keep the diary until then!

My exam, although I'm IBS-D was mostly talking about what my symptoms are. He also pressed on my abdomen some and asked me what was hurting. He then wrote me a prescription and set me up with a whole battery of tests and then sent me on my merry way (with another appointment scheduled with him after all of the other appointments.).

Good luck!

Jeannine

--------------------
IBS-D and STABLE!!!!

Re:Zelnorm and excessive running???? new
      #276825 - 08/03/06 06:05 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

What do you mean, Diarrhea? If you have ANY D at all, Zelnorm is not for you.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#277244 - 08/05/06 08:22 AM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

hi, i'm ibs "c". i've taken zelnorm and it worked really well for awhile and then i was taken off of it. i've been taking fiber and i'm a runner/exerciser. you are right nothing really helps 100%. i found on this website a chinese herb that some are taking for "c". it's called baebbe. www.baebbe.com well anyway, i tried it. it's really expensive but you know what it works. also, drinking coffee in the morning w/fiber helps me a lot too. the doctor doesn't know why i have it. i have to watch what i eat and drink and that also seems to help. but tests and stuff; i've had a colonoscopy (came back clear), ultra sound (came back clear), blood work (...came back clear)...so anyway it turns out what i can and can't eat. heather's diet, coffee and baebbe are what helps me the best...it's worth a try!

good luck!

#277392 - 08/06/06 05:58 PM
MaryABR

Polly, thanks for the link -- do you happen to know the ingredients? I couldn't find it on the Web site.

#277398 - 08/06/06 06:13 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

today was a good day for me. increased accacia maybe that is beginning to help me. longing for a cup of coffee. only drinking mint tea. coffee brings on D for me. I'm more IBS C at least that is what the GI doc tells me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5965 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1190

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review