All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS C New symptom
      #276284 - 07/30/06 09:10 AM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

My GI doc claims I have IBS C. Yesterday was a good day, but this morning I felt something different. After movement (no strain)involved I felt a pain in the upper back and its still there. Feels like a muscle spasm. Haven't eaten since I've been awake at 6:00. Drinking lots of mint teat hoping it will subside. Actually, I'm afraid to eat. My GI apt is scheduled for Tuesday. I'm all stressed out with this.
Again, can't blame any of this on my diet. I watch everything and even bring my own food when I need to. Thanks all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS C New symptom new
      #276356 - 07/30/06 07:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I used to get a dull-ish pain in my upper back, dead center, that would radiate around to the front of my body, right about at the top of my stomach. It turned out to be my gallbladder. The good news is that it's super-easy to test for, if that's what they end up suspecting. I'm not sure what else it could be, other than a strained muscle or a spasm. Your doctor will probably have other ideas, of course, but I'm trying to come up with my best possible guesses anyway.

Eat especially safely, and avoid fats completely if you can - if it turns out to be gallbladder-related, it'll be triggered by fat. I'm glad you have an appointment coming up so quickly! Good luck!

#276880 - 08/03/06 08:51 AM
caroll56

Thank you Rose. I ended up in ER with the pains and they did lots of testing; CTs ultrasound, etc. End result was Diverticulosis. My GI doc kindof looked disgusted when he came to visit the hospital. He told me I has IBS C and stress is the underlying cause. He's been my doc for twenty years and I cried when he walked out. The head of the nursing staff wanted me to file a complaint against him, but that wouldn't help me. I believe he's given up on me and doesn't know what more to do. I'm trying to find a woman GI doctor. As for the pain on my left side and back, it is still there. He told me that was muscular. I didn't understand that at all. He has me on levbid and said I have to stay on it indefinitely. Needless to say I am not a happy camper. Thanks for trying to help out. I think I'll turn to Heather for some advice on how to eat with this.

#277349 - 08/06/06 08:20 AM
caroll56

It wasn't gallbladder. CT showed moderate diverticular. Went for a MRI of that part of my back yesterday since they saw some arthritis in CT. Spent three days in hospital all seemed to be normal and the GI doctor sent me home. Didn't feel it was necessary to do endoscopy or colonoscopy. Told me to stay on Levbid indefinitely and no restrictions on diet. Still feeling sick went to see my MD and he ordered MRI which I did yesterday (Sat AM) of the back. If all checks out with that my MD not GI doc is sending me to see a colorectal doctor. I'm down in dumps, but glad I'm healthy. New symptom causing more anxiety for me. Carol

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1073 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review