All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I can have coffee again!!
      #275694 - 07/26/06 07:53 AM
Lynn55

Reged: 08/31/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I hope I can post a new product here that has simply changed my mornings! However, please delete if this is not allowed on this board.

As someone living with IBS, I was forced to limit my morning coffee to a half-cup before my tummy rebelled, and I sat cluthing it in cramping pain. NOT this morning!
I received a container of Folger's Simply Smooth coffee (I'm a BzzAgent at BzzAgent.com) to try and for the first time since being diagnosed, I'm sitting here truly enjoying a second cup of this coffee!! I feel so spoiled!

I must let you know that I'm in no way affiliated with this company, nor am I posting this just to receive points (which I do get for telling friends about products). I simply want you to have an opportunity to recapture those lovely mornings when sipping on a couple of cups of coffee while reading the morning paper was a ritual rather than a struggle.

If you love but miss your morning coffee, please at least give this a try....

Sincerely
Lynn

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I can have coffee again!! new
      #275697 - 07/26/06 08:12 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Here is a like to another thread talking about this here

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Stay Away From Coffee! new
      #275698 - 07/26/06 08:15 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm glad for you, but personally I don't recommend coffee (caffeinated or decaffeinated) under any circumstances if you have IBS.

Coffee is a key trigger for IBS. If you still have any IBS symptoms at all, you should remove coffee IMMEDIATELY from your diet. If you think coffee (Folger's Simply Smooth or otherwise) isn't contributing to your symptoms, you are suffering from a great delusion, my friend!

Coffee is difficult for anyone to tolerate, let alone someone with IBS. I realize some people are addicted to it and find it very difficult to give up if they're diagnosed with IBS.

I truly hope your posting will not encourage anyone on this message board to try this coffee. It's just not a good thing for IBS people and that's why it's on Heather's list of trigger foods.

Sorry ... I am one of the IBS oldtimers here and I am well known for my outspoken postings on this message board!

#275718 - 07/26/06 10:59 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Hey, if it works for you, that's great.

I was never a huge coffee drinker, but I wondered about that new Folger's blend.

You said it better than I could! new
      #275719 - 07/26/06 11:06 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Coffee is a trigger - period. Regular, decaf, freaky genetic mutations (lol), doesn't matter. Anyone who doesn't believe so is deluding themselves.

Re: You said it better than I could! new
      #275750 - 07/26/06 02:22 PM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

I guess that means we can't have the kind that gets pooped out by the Indonesian civet, either? Dangit!

(Though how/why anyone finds that appealing, I could not actually say.)

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#275848 - 07/27/06 09:18 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I tried that coffee and nope, couldn't drink it. It effects my IBS dreadfully and the effect lasts much longer than a delicious cup of coffee lasts. I wish it weren't true but it is. It's not worth it for me.
Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1056

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review