All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ok weird question - Intimacy
      #274931 - 07/20/06 06:56 AM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

so any of you IBSers fear being intimate with your SO and having an IBS attack of some sort?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok weird question - Intimacy new
      #274932 - 07/20/06 06:57 AM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

sorry I just realized this may be in the wrong section.. I am somewhat new to the board.. sorry.. uh so to make it appropriate.. being intimate and err eating chocolate covered strawberries.. ha! there! now its food related!

#274933 - 07/20/06 07:00 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

My husband is completely understanding of my IBS. Sometimes, while being 'close' Im like.. whoa, gotta go! haha.. then he sees me fly to the bathroom, and just laughs his butt off

#274939 - 07/20/06 07:55 AM
Bourget

Reged: 07/16/03
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I was just thinking this, I usually have to go right after, but It hurts to make love at all...
Dh adn I can't do the deed because it hurts, but hopefully it will get better with my new diet changes...

#274953 - 07/20/06 08:50 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Ya know what?? I also have alot of pain durring intercourse. Or at least more so in the beginning but well.. (sorry to be so blunt for a second) I always just thought that it was because either 1. I wasn't relaxed enough or 2. well, perhaps it was because I'm just so little and he is just so big haha...

#274963 - 07/20/06 09:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

LOL! No worries... this kind of question is fine here, with or without the mention of chocolate-covered strawberries.

I haven't had any problems in that regard. If we start, and I feel a problem coming on, we stop. He's very understanding - and we're both more than a little juvenile (and I grew up with nothing but brothers!), so it helps that we still find farts more funny than embarassing, and talk about poo on a regular basis anyway. LOL I mean, it's only sex. If something happens, we have a good laugh about it... and try again later.

There have also been other posts about this in the past - it comes up a lot, actually, so it's not a weird question at all. You might want to try a board search for more on the subject.

#275051 - 07/20/06 04:09 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I find my tum is either going to make my life miserable, and then we don't even start, or it is going to be kind to me and things go alright. Being newly-weds and all.... Lots of practice and so far, no bad experiences. My dh is super understanding and always tries to make sure I'm feeling alright first. I guess to answer your question, I don't fear being intimate, but if my tum is bad, we just snuggle. (not that Thomas will admit to that!)

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2383 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review