All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Callingt hose on lexapro or luvox...
      #274434 - 07/17/06 07:37 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I am trying to decide between lexapro and luvox for my ibs, anxiety and mild ocd, i have tried all natural anti d's and since zoloft used to work , i want to try one again, but not zoloft as i am hoping i can find an anti d that has a few less side effects, and no wellbutrin didn't work.

So all those who have tried lexapro or luvox tell me your experience please, tummy wise, anxiety wise and libido wise (if you are ok with that)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'll tell you all about Lexapro! new
      #274459 - 07/17/06 09:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The short version is that I love it - it gave me my life back in so many ways!

I almost don't even know where to start, haha. Well, I had NO change in libido whatsoever. I've had no lasting side effects at all, actually. For a while, I was having night sweats and a bit of restless leg, but even that's gone away. I've been taking it for almost 2 years now.

It's been a dream for my anxiety - I used to have these horrible panic attacks where I'd be literally convulsing and freaking out, and they are completely and totally gone. Because my IBS is primarily triggered by anxiety, I'm convinced that I never would have stabilized completely without it (the diet did me a world of good, but alone it wouldn't have cut it).

The funny thing is that it really didn't do anything for my mild OCD, but it DID take the edge off some annoying phobias I have (like spiders - I suddenly don't mind them much at all).

I will warn you that the initial side effects were not especially pleasant. I had terrible nausea, and D for the first few days... to counteract the D, I took Dramamine, which of course knocked me out, so I spent the first week in a stupor. BUT... you have to stick it out through the initial side effects, which can last up to a month or so, in order to see the benefits. It was so completely and totally worth it, for me.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask!

Re: I'll tell you all about Lexapro! new
      #274475 - 07/18/06 04:08 AM
Advance

Reged: 07/13/06

just curious, did you try therapy and or hypnotherapy before you started taking the lexapro?

Re: I'll tell you all about Lexapro!
      #274492 - 07/18/06 07:15 AM
Miso

yes i have tried therapy, hypno, homeopathy, traditional chinese medicine etc.

Re: I'll tell you all about Lexapro!
      #274516 - 07/18/06 09:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I tried therapy, but not hypnotherapy, as I couldn't afford it. In therapy, we tried a variety of different things, including CBT. I also tried for MANY years to take care of my anxiety problems on my own, with whatever means I could think of - meditation, yoga, etc. For some people, these treatments work like a charm. My anxiety (GAD, PTSD) is too severe for anything but medication.

Re: Callingt hose on lexapro or luvox...
      #274556 - 07/18/06 12:34 PM
Miso

bump

#274734 - 07/19/06 09:11 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I was just put on this yesterday. I have to say my tummy is a little nauseus today, but it's pretty mild and that is supposed to go away in a week or so. HOping it works as well as I have heard it does for others.

#274896 - 07/19/06 07:53 PM
Miso

which of the two where you put on, luvox or lexapro?
keep me posted how it goes, i have my doc appt tommorrow, we will see which one he thinks is the best place to start for me.

#274903 - 07/19/06 08:28 PM
chupie

Oh! Lexapro. I think Im a little vaguely nauseated and sleepy, but really nothing terrible. However, I do not have as many reallly bad symptoms as a lot of people here (well, especiallly if I eat right). But boy, I am really getting anxiety attacks during my periods especially.

Atomic Rose: I'll tell you all about Lexapro!
      #275289 - 07/22/06 08:37 PM
chupie

Did this ever make you dizzy at first? I have had mild (very mild) nausea, but tonight I'm a teensy light headed? (But I am also having a bit of anxiety/panic too, so maybe it is that.)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6745

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review