Pages: 1
does this make sense??
      #274386 - 07/17/06 03:14 PM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

ok so far today i:
took a heathers peppermint capsule
crunched on some corn pops and then ate some egg whites with a little bit of ketchup for breakfast
for lunch i had a sandwhich of turkey breast and a little bit of mustard on french bread..
with that i had some beano and a heathers peppermint capsule i also chewed on some fennel seeds
i made an iced soy chai latte
i munched on some rice chex (i wasnt hungry but i read to its best to snack and to not keep stomach empty)
i ate a necterine without the skin
i am currently drinking some chocolate soy milk and i'm feeling gassy... i dont get it..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does this make sense?? new
      #274387 - 07/17/06 03:25 PM
JustMe

and just as an update... i had some urgency and D.. which is rare.. a little pain.. but nothing too bad... this really sucks

now i am actually eating stuff i do not normally eat as well as avoid most of the things i do.. i am having problems!!

#274389 - 07/17/06 03:48 PM
JJBean

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Buffalo, NY

Could it be the soy? I think I've figured out that if I have too much soy in one day, it is not so pretty. It took me a while to figure that out - so maybe keep a food journal and start noticing what happens after you eat the soy.

--------------------
IBS-D and STABLE!!!!

#274391 - 07/17/06 03:57 PM
JustMe

guys i cant keep doing this.. its driving me crazy and has me in tears.. not out of pain but frustration... i read cut out the dairy so i cut out the dairy and everything else i'm supposed to cut out.. now the soy too?

#274396 - 07/17/06 04:34 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Don't cut out soy, unless you really think it is a problem. Cut down on how much you have though. Soy is made from a soy bean and could cause gasiness.

Also just to let you know, the nectarine alone would cause problems for me. I'd need to have some SF first, such as plain white bread, white rice etc.

When you started this diet, did you do the Break the Cycle diet, then incorporate food in? That's how I knew what foods worked and what didn't.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

#274403 - 07/17/06 05:41 PM
JJBean

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Buffalo, NY

I've had so many days like that! I totally understand. You just have to keep your eyes set on the good days and know that if you continue to be so careful and diligent to figure out what is and isn't working for you, you will eventually have all good days!

I'm not there yet, and I still have lots of days of complete frustration. Keeping a journals has really helped me to feel that I have some control over the situtation and at least is something to do when I'm feeling awful!

I've also found that being a little active after I eat makes a huge difference.

I know it's a long haul getting this under control. I'm right there with ya! But keep your chin up and keep working at it. There are so many people here to encourage us because all of this hard work DOES PAY OFF!

Good luck

--------------------
IBS-D and STABLE!!!!

#274411 - 07/17/06 06:26 PM
JustMe

no i didn't.. its for diarrhea and constipation... my problem is gas..

#274422 - 07/17/06 07:12 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Possible causes:
Iced soy chai latte: was there caffeine in this? Caffeine can trigger attacks.
Nectarine: even w/o the skin I wouldn't recommend eating this on it's own or even with a small amount of SF. Mangoes and bananas are much safer.
Eating when you're not hungry: though it is a good idea not to let your stomach completely empty out, if you're not hungry you don't have to eat. Overeating can also cause attacks.
Soy: soy can cause problems for many people. It used to make me very gassy until my body got used to it and my IBS stabilized. You can try almond or rice milk and see how that sets with you. Have you tried fennel as a tea or in capsules. vitaminshoppe.com sells fennel caps or you should be able to get them in most stores that carry herbal supplements.
Ketchup: the acidity fromthe tomatoes can cause problems. And check to make sure there isn't any high fructose corn syrup.

I know how frustrating it is to feel like you are doing everything you aupposed to and still haveing attacks. It takes a long time for your gut to heal and for IBS to stabilize. It's kind of a few steps forward, a couple steps back with IBS. It can be very overwhelming. But things can and will get better. How long have you been following this diet? It can take some people a year or two to stabilize. it took me two years. I've been stable for about a year. Gas is usually the most difficult symptom to be rid of. There are a number of things you can try. Aside from fennel in it's many forms, hot herbal decaf teas in general can be helpful. Hypnotherapy is very successful also. Hot baths can at least help to release trapped gas if that is a problem for you. Try taking BeanO right at the start of each meal unless you are eating something you know whill not give you gas. BeanO looses its effectiveness pretty quickly.If I take it more than half an hour before I eat, it doesn't help me any.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274423 - 07/17/06 07:16 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I actually find almond and rice milk to be closer to the real thing. Also, rice does not produce gas. That's why it's such a good SF food to balance you out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1509 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1066

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review